**** DONE: GB-61 1/144 F-14 Tomcat - Carrier and Maritime Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I gotta think that link detaches and retracts into the fuselage before the main legs start to retract. I assume it's there to help resist side loads. Here's a screen grab:

1717179727663.png

SOURCE: HOME OF M.A.T.S. - The most comprehensive Grumman F-14 Reference Work - by Torsten Anft!

That's the only way I could see the wheel assembly moving straight forward but I have NEVER heard of a landing gear that has a part that connects and disconnects as the gears cycle up and down. I'd like to have Ward Carroll from youtube explain this. Any navy vets here that know someone who knows?

That's the only way I could see the wheel assembly moving straight forward but I have NEVER heard of a landing gear that has a part that connects and disconnects as the gears cycle up and down. I'd like to have Ward Carroll from youtube explain this. Any navy vets here that know someone who knows?
If they told you, they'd have to kill you.

F-14finish9.jpg

This was a more ambitious build then I imagined. It's a plane I'm not that familiar with and the night I picked the decal sheet, I didn't bother to look at my notes. The detail on the main parts is good for the size and the fit is pretty good. Typical 2000's tech. The down side is thin parts are not thin while at the same time, the missiles have almost no glueing surface. I'm sure by GB64 some of them will fall off. Did this put me off hobbit scale? No, look for another small jet in GB65.
F-14finish10.jpg

Adding this image because I finally found this Tomcat sticker that I've had for about 40 years.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back