**** DONE: GB-63 1/48 Tempest Mk.V Series 1 - Stormy Weather

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Attempting to do this build with as much detail as instructed. Looking at the instruction sheet at the 'Stenciling Positions' (common decals), I see this note for decal(s) S47. I did not count the fasteners on the model, but the sheet provided 143!!! No size ref in image but they measure about 2mm wide by unmeasurable tall. Ok! Has anyone EVER applied these???

S47 decals.jpg

Sweet choice for the build and great work so far. I don't know about the Brit's but US aircraft only had (have) all the stenciling when they come from the factory or depot. They soon lose most in the field. I would thing pretty much the same for the other nations. They often get repainted as soon as the get to a unit and stenciling goes!!!!

Done - Will have the 'finished' post up in a few days. Have to get the light box and camera out, and set up. Fun build. Lots of detail, especially the landing gear and bay areas. A most recemented kit to build . I do have the Tempest Mk.V Series II kit, which is almost identical to the Series I, the wing gun details are different.

However, it will be awhile before I can get back to the bench. Was hoping to do another, the Tempest Mk II, before the GB is over. I will be checking into the hospital in a couple weeks to have open heart surgery done to repair a failed, non-invasive, mitral valve clip install done last year (one leg came loose). Not sure of recovery time; ability to build? But I am under the impression that I will not be 'myself' for a few weeks or so after.

Tempest Mk.V Series 1 port 1.jpg

Tempest Mk.V Series 1 starboard 1.jpg

Very nice one Ralph. Very nice.

About the other stuff. Its now time for another artist to do his/her thing.
Scary shit i am very sure.

But the guys and girls do this daily. The odds are very much on your side.
So i trully hope you get through the waiting with out to many stress.
When all is repaired, you might have to get back on your feet. A bit of moddeling ( wink wink ) will help.

The best of luck. It will be all right. Take care.

Done - Will have the 'finished' post up in a few days. Have to get the light box and camera out, and set up. Fun build. Lots of detail, especially the landing gear and bay areas. A most recemented kit to build . I do have the Tempest Mk.V Series II kit, which is almost identical to the Series I, the wing gun details are different.

However, it will be awhile before I can get back to the bench. Was hoping to do another, the Tempest Mk II, before the GB is over. I will be checking into the hospital in a couple weeks to have open heart surgery done to repair a failed, non-invasive, mitral valve clip install done last year (one leg came loose). Not sure of recovery time; ability to build? But I am under the impression that I will not be 'myself' for a few weeks or so after.

View attachment 795979
View attachment 795980
Clever of you to hide that message about your health just above an eye catching, spectacular photo of a great model. I hope all goes well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back