**** DONE: GB-65 1/48 Lim 6bis - No Propellers

A very productive day.

Cockpit done

20250405_144928.jpg
20250405_144953.jpg
20250405_145013.jpg


And fitted to forward fuselage

20250405_150830.jpg


And attached to the rear

20250405_151454.jpg


Wings and tails on, looking a little like a Lim 6 bis now

20250405_154535.jpg
20250405_154528.jpg
 
Good stuff. Did you remember to stuff some weight up front ?
Bollocks!

Got too carried away and forgot, I even looked to see where I could add weight !

I will stick the nose wheel down with blu tack on my shelf when the time comes.
 
Last edited:
Maybe drip-feed air gun pellets through the nose intake ?
Unfortunately it's blanked off.

There is no way of getting them in, I tried filling up the cockpit as far as wouldn't be seen but not heavy enough.

Never mind, we live and learn !
 
Oops indeed, can you add something in the nose wheel bay when it's all fitted and maybe the forward part of the main wheel bay as that part is forward of the wheels. :lol:
 
Good stuff Karl. Can you drop BBs coated in superglue in via those two holes in the lower rear fuselage?
The rear fuselage is closed off too !

Thanks Evan
 
Looks great 👍 you could always go wheels up ......

IMG_20250406_132114.jpg


These are 1/72. I just drilled out holes on the underside and glued clear plastic rods into the models and poked them through the base, which is covered on premixed filler. The base itself is a cheap picture frame from Asda. Easy peasy 😁
 
Looks great 👍 you could always go wheels up ......

View attachment 826116

These are 1/72. I just drilled out holes on the underside and glued clear plastic rods into the models and poked them through the base, which is covered on premixed filler. The base itself is a cheap picture frame from Asda. Easy peasy 😁
Been thinking of something like that, I have a spare stand from a die-cast model
 
Looking great Karl. Too bad about the nose weight, you could always say it was doung a wheelie
:evil4:
 
Karl, you could drill a hole in the lower fuselage just behind the wheel well, or behind the large panel on the seam line then drop in a pile of pellets with some superglue. Then glue a piece of sprue in the drill hole and then cut it and sand it flush when you clean up the seam line........fixed..and weighted.....
 
Karl, you could drill a hole in the lower fuselage just behind the wheel well, or behind the large panel on the seam line then drop in a pile of pellets with some superglue. Then glue a piece of sprue in the drill hole and then cut it and sand it flush when you clean up the seam line........fixed..and weighted.....
Brilliant thanks Wayne.

I'll give that a go i think.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back