**** DONE : GB-69 1/72 PBY-5A Catalina - Maritime Aircraft WWII

I must rethink a use of accesory engine/cowling parts. They seems to be neccesary in this model. I have one candidate- about 70% of whole kit price, but how often do we built Catalina?
69937_r.jpg


Gently with scalpel while releasing this girl, Wurger!.
 
I have ordered engine sets, of course, so I have plenty of time now.

Interior affairs:

Poor looking, so maby let's open the bulkhead doors?
IMG20260320171031.jpg


modeller experience says: do not do that- it can't be seen on the finished model.

IMG20260320171003.jpg


Modeller heart says: do that!

IMG20260320180723.jpg
 
Watch what you are ordering, because you can get it!
Engine sets just arrived, it's my first bigger 3D printed set, and...
I am impressed with the quality of the parts, and shocked about work need to be done with uncrate and assemble them...

WhatsApp Image 2026-03-25 at 17.39.56 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2026-03-25 at 17.39.56 (2).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2026-03-25 at 17.39.56.jpeg
 
Great choice of subject, and beautiful detail set there Hal.
I just caught up with this thread now, but would have said Quickboost do engines and cowlings too. Probably not much (if at all) cheaper than the Reskit set, and your set does look better!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back