hellooooo
so i typed up the full transcripts. i think you will really enjoy them. i dont understand every word but somehow its better than poetry i swear.
RADIO LOG, BEACHY HEAD, AUGUST 9 1941
DB to Woody: This is the most obvious farce (?) I have ever seen in my
life.
Woody to Doug: Your message understood r/o.
DB to Ken: Are you OK?
Ken to DB: Yes.
DB to Ken + Elmer: Start getting height as quick as you can now will you.
Ken to DB: Elmer's not with us.
Elmer to DB: ….?....
DB to Elmer: Cannot understand what you say. We're on out way.
If you're not with us you'd better decide for yourself
whether to come or go back.
Elmer to DB: Unreadable XMN.
Ken to DB: Making smoke.
DB to Ken: Levelling out. I'm going down very slightly.
Ken to DB: OK.
DB: KSL you don't see them very well against this stuff.
Beetle to Walker: DB is 20 miles ahead of you.
WL to B: I think I see trails above and on out left.
Ken to ?: Yes I have seen 'em. I think we might get up a bit. I
think it was very ? that trail we made.
? to Walker: Unreadable XMN.
Woody to DB: There are 2 + 5 miles to the E of you.
DB to Woody: OK. That transmitter is quite impossible. Please use the
other.
Woody to DB: OK. Is this better?
DB to Woody: Perfect.
Ken to DB: Throttle back a bit, I can't keep up.
DB to Ken. Sorry my A/S is U/S, throttling back.
DB: I will do one? Left now quickly.
Woody to DB: There are now 20 +, no height 5 miles E of U.
Doug to Woody: That's getting better OK.
Roy: There's 3 coming down astern of us now. I'm keeping my
eye on them.
To Roy: OK.
Roy: Sorry there's now 6. open out a little. I make it 11 now.
To Roy: Cut out the running commentary and just let us know
where they are.
To DB: Smoking.
DB to Ken: ?ing left.
Beetle to DB: There are 40 + 15 miles to the NE of you.
DB to Beetle: Are our friends where they ought to be? I haven't much
idea where I am.
B to DB: Yes, you are exactly right and so are your friends.
To Walker: Take it easy will you. A/C at 9 o'clock a little above over
the smoke trail.
Roy to DB: Keep turning left and you'll see a/c at 9 o'clock.
DB to Ken: Can you see those or is it you yourself?
To DB: Look beneath you over the cloud.
DB: Will you tell where to look?
To DB: Underneath Billy's section now.
DB: OK. I've got em.
2 XMNs. TOG.
There's plenty of time, get into formation. Straight
underneath you.
DB to Stan: Are you OK? Are you with us?
Stan to DB: Just above you.
To Crow: Keep me in sight.
2 XMNs TOG.
Unreadable XMN.
DB to Elfin: A/C on our right.
DB to Ken: Look out for right.
DB to Crow; Is that you behind me to the left. Stay with me that a/c
at the front turning left.
DB to YQR: Stay with me.
Several XMNx TOG.
To Elfin: A/C behind us a little to the left. Join up. Join up.
Rusty: Join up.
Walker to Walker: A/C 2 0'clock down. Big?? Here and some buggers coming
down behind us. Turn PRT they're coming down behind.
PRT that a/c. I'll weave about over you.
? to Walker: They're 109s all right.
To Crow: One? STP now. Line astern.
Walker to Walker: Sg about A.20.
Walker to Walker; OK.
To YQa/c: 109s coming down again. form up with YQC you'll form a 4 Come on, I'm on your left here.
Rusty to Beetle; RURM. Get onto formation or they'll shoot the ****ing lot
of you down.
To Crow; ? PRT I'll follow you.
Crow: Above or below this cloud?
To YQR: Throttle back.
Beetle to DB: Withdraw now.
Crow: 2 buggers just above now.
Unreadable XMN.
Several XMNs together.
To YQY: Get on to my PRT other side of YQR.
To Tony: Can you see it?
Reform.
Who the ****ing hell is…tracer bullets (interference).
Are you going out now?
Tony: Yes, what is that behind me? There are about 4 just
above the murky cloud behind. I think they're Spits.
Yes, they're all Spits.
Control to All Beetle:Make your way out now.
To a/c: Are you turning left?
Just going out now.
To Jimmy: Turning left.
Beetle to DB: Withdraw as soon as you like.
To Beetle: We all heard it.
Pretty good too.
Break right.
To Billy: If you can bring you ?? to STA this time to get back.
There's difficulties.
To YQR: Go into this cloud and seek refuge Spitfire. Go under the
cloud with me. Everybody with us?
One short.
Who?
Go under.
To Jimmy: Watch the sun now Jimmy.
OK.
Look out.
When do you want to break?
To Elfin: Keep watching the sun.
OK Spitfires. OK.
To Crow: Keep fairly close I'm going to look round by the coast.
To Crow; Coming in behind you.
To Jimmy: Unreadable XMN.
109 coming up on your right.
Who the hell's taking to whom.
Join up boys.
To Crow: Are you still about?
Crow: I'm right behind you.
To Crow: Good show.
To YQ: Are you going to B?
To Tony: Are you going out? I've lost you.
We're low down so we wouldn't see anything in any case.
Look out on the left.
Roy to Tony: Throttle back a bit.
Tony to Roy: OK sorry.
Single Spitfire flying on my left.
Turn STA and follow me.
Beetle to DB: Do you want any assistance?
B to Walker: Do you want any assistance?
WL to B: Received your message. We are OK.
Elfin to B: No, I am OK.
B to Rusty: Do you want any assistance?
B to DB: Are you OK?
To Jimmy: Close up.
I think Crow's on the left-at least half of it.
To Elfin: All go straight down on your pre-sent course. I'll meet
you underneath.
B to Elfin: How far are you from B now?
Elfin to B: 20 minutes.
B to EL: Thank you. L/O.
Elfin to Elfin: Do you want anything?
Elfin to Beetle: RURM.
Elfin to Beetle: Elfin Y1 is calling you. Will you answer?
B to Elfin: RURM.
Elfin to Elfin: Beetle is calling you also RURM.
B to Elfin: RURM.
Elfin to Elfin; RURM.
Elfin to Elfin: Elfin Y1 is going over for homing from Munga,
Elfin to Elfin: Will you XMT for homing?
E Y1 to B: RURM.
B to EY1: Call Munga on B for Beer.
EY1 to B: I believe I had you but could not hear.
Will call again in a few moments.
Ken to Dick: They said call Munga on B.
Elfin TO b: RURM.
B to EB1: RULC.
EB1 to B: I can get no answer from Munga.
I want a heading.
Beetle to EB1: Steer 340 for the coast.
Tony to EB1: That's right.
B to Elfin: Do you know your pos yet?
EB1 to B: No I don't know my pos. I'll go over to B and give a fix.
B to EB1: Thank you.
Elfin B1 to B: Did you get that fix?
B to EB1: Stand by for a minute.
EB1 to B: S/A.
B to EB1: Stand by for a minute.
Crow to Tony: Can you see the coast yet?
To Walker: Break left now.
B to EB1: I am unable to get a fix. Call Munga again now on B for
beer.
? to Tony: What's your height? Can you see the coast?
Elfin to B: Strikes me E. B1 and the others are going?
B to EB1: V.270.
Steer 270.
Your XMN for fix not long enough. Make them longer.
To Elfin: You're about to lose your hood if you're not careful.
Elfin: I know that.
Beetle to Elfin: Have you any idea where E. Blue should be?
Elfin to Beetle: I've no idea from their position (interference). That's why
they're getting out of range.
Elfin to B: Have you got Elfin B yet?
B to EL: No, we have not contacted them yet. We are still trying.
EL to B: I am just app B.
B to EL: OK.
YQG to YQB: Got enough petrol to make B otherwise let down right
below us.
YQB to YQG: S/A.
YQG to YQB: There is an aerodrome right below us it you are running
short of petrol.
YQB to YQG: Message received.
Beetle to Elfin: RURM.
Once again, thank yooo for any help you can give mee.