Dr. Frankenstein here! MesserSpit questions.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

N4521U

Colonel
Nov 1, 2009
Miranda, NSW
Call me silly, VERY silly in this case.
Most have heard, I have only recently, of the infamous Messerspit. 1944 the Luftwaffe got hold of a Mk.Vb Spitfire, landed low on fuel. Took it back to Germany and some months later discovered a Daimler 605A could hang on the Spit firewall, using the 109G engine covers.
Yessiree, I am just a bit curious if it could be built in 1/32nd?????????? So my questions arrrrrrrrrrr,
1. Is Zoukei Mura the only maker of a Bf 109G-14 in 1/32nd that includes an engine?????
2. Is the Hasegawa the Only Mk.Vb Spitfire that has FEW build problems.
3. Finding the Has kit is like finding hens teeth?
4. Is the Hobbyboss Spit to be avoided at all costs?????
5. To do this do you see as many $$$$$$$$$ signs as me????

In the for what it's worth column, The Revell,(Cyber Hobby, DML, Dragon), Bf-110C has two beautiful engines. While not an exact match, an option, Also Eduard makes the Bf 109G-6 DB605. The Bf 110 can be gotten for less the ZM 109, which I have, but I have two of the revell 110C7.

Hope that helps some.

Oh and Revell 1/32 Spitfire Mk II and Mk IX, If you gonna be Frankensteining anyway, a place to start.....

Easier but a bit expensive if you went the 1:48 route
Agree but, the point would be for open engine display.
I know. I was going the easy route
Always watching out for one another......... good man!
Yep it may help. But Bill has asked about 1/32 scale engine . The MDC or Aires one would be the one that could fit.
or
Yes but, like Don above, I do need all the motor engine mount stuff.........
and that is why I was looking at the Z.M. kit but I would be chucking a lot of this one inna bin.
Now I will look at the Bf110 to see if engine mounts are the same.
And the Revell Spit as Don suggests.
Lotta research. Thanks guys.

and that is why I was looking at the Z.M. kit but I would be chucking a lot of this one inna bin.
And I thought, and I'm told, I'm getting weirder and weirder with my aging. But Bill, you have provided me with published proof that I'm just a piker. Printing this out and hanging it on my build area wall!

If only these powers could be harnessed for Good.

And I thought, and I'm told, I'm getting weirder and weirder with my aging. But Bill, you have provided me with published proof that I'm just a piker. Printing this out and hanging it on my build area wall!
Pshaw............. you have not read my passage of when I started here I was painting my canopies white from the inside,
so I didn't have to detail the cockpit!

Now by these instructions, the Revell kit looks mighty nice! And price!!!!! Will it work as the fuselage of a Mk.V

Pshaw............. you have not read my passage of when I started here I was painting my canopies white from the inside,
so I didn't have to detail the cockpit!

Now by these instructions, the Revell kit looks mighty nice! And price!!!!! Will it work as the fuselage of a Mk.V
I have both the II and IX, wings an issue if you way b but!!!!!

So in my initial search, and reading reviews like in Large Scale Models, the Dragon Bf110 seems like the way to go for engines and covers since the covers is what was used on the Messerspit as well as the engines. I would be getting all the piping and engine mounts. They just need flipping to get the engine inverted. Still $170AU I'll be throwing away a lot of plastic.

The Revell Mk.IX looks like the go for the main fuselage in place of a Mk.V as was the real deal??? $77AU.

I will have to get a 109 I.P. to replace the Spit. I am assuming they may have done this. Unsure!!!!!

So in my initial search, and reading reviews like in Large Scale Models, the Dragon Bf110 seems like the way to go for engines and covers since the covers is what was used on the Messerspit as well as the engines. I would be getting all the piping and engine mounts. They just need flipping to get the engine inverted. Still $170AU I'll be throwing away a lot of plastic.

The Revell Mk.IX looks like the go for the main fuselage in place of a Mk.V as was the real deal??? $77AU.

I will have to get a 109 I.P. to replace the Spit. I am assuming they may have done this. Unsure!!!!!
109G cockpit set ARIES or Eduard I'd guess. I have an extra Revell 110

Users who are viewing this thread

Back