DRINKS ARE ON ME ! My novel will be published !

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks.

Hey NS, welcome back ! I've added a "Special Thanks" section where I thank both of you and Gnomey for helping me with corrections. I just hope PublishAmerica will keep that section...

No, I won't sign it Maestro... Well, may be but it will be put between my first and last name... But knowing that "Maestro" means "Master" in English, I think it would sound pretentious for any author to call himself "Maestro". So I think I'm simply gonna sign it with my real name.

For the record, I got a pretty Danish first name with a pretty Québeker last name... My real name is Yan Tremblay.

That is one fucked up name, dude ... :lol:

Only kiddin'

Tremblay must be like the French equivalent of Smith. It seems like just about every second or third French guy I know is named Tremblay or Dupuis. :lol:

Or maybe they're just inbred, I dunno. :-k

;)

Nonskimmer said:
Tremblay must be like the French equivalent of Smith. It seems like just about every second or third French guy I know is named Tremblay or Dupuis. :lol:

Or maybe they're just inbred, I dunno. :-k

;)

Very funny, NS... ;)

In fact, Tremblay is the biggest family of the Province of Québec. If you go in the Lac-St-Jean region, you'll see than approximately 1/3 of the population there is from the Tremblay family.

Before you ask, my part of the family never been in Lac-St-Jean... They came from somewhere in Bauce.

102first_hussars said:
Maybe put Plan_D, FBJ, Evan, Les, NS and Gnomey in the acknowledgements eh? Real names of course

Well, even if I didn't name Plan_D, Evan, Les and FBJ, I thanked them... in a way. Here is the "Special Thanks" paragraph.

"I would like to thanks both NonSkimmer and Gnomey from www.ww2aircraft.net for helping me in the correction of my novel. I would also like to thank all other members from this great web site for helping me on several historical points."

It may sound weird (or even stupid at some points), but I was not sure if they wanted me to tell their real (and complete) names.

Also, I read several books and I noticed that writers never gave complete names in the acknowledgements. May be it's for a security purpose. For example, they could write : "Thanks to my girlfriend Sarah for helping me..."

However, if my "Special Thanks" bothers either NS or Gnomey, I can still write an E-mail and send it ASAP to ask my publisher to make some changes...

Maestro said:
102first_hussars said:
Maybe put Plan_D, FBJ, Evan, Les, NS and Gnomey in the acknowledgements eh? Real names of course

Well, even if I didn't name Plan_D, Evan, Les and FBJ, I thanked them... in a way. Here is the "Special Thanks" paragraph.

"I would like to thanks both NonSkimmer and Gnomey from www.ww2aircraft.net for helping me in the correction of my novel. I would also like to thank all other members from this great web site for helping me on several historical points."

It may sound weird (or even stupid at some points), but I was not sure if they wanted me to tell their real (and complete) names.

Also, I read several books and I noticed that writers never gave complete names in the acknowledgements. May be it's for a security purpose. For example, they could write : "Thanks to my girlfriend Sarah for helping me..."

However, if my "Special Thanks" bothers either NS or Gnomey, I can still write an E-mail and send it ASAP to ask my publisher to make some changes...

:thumbright:

NEWS UPDATE :

I just received an E-mail from my publisher. He sent me a copy of the press release that he sent to my local newspapers today. (They asked me to list a few of them.)

Like there is no local newspapers published in English here (apart from the National ones), I listed one French newspaper from Québec City and several National ones.

No one requested an interview yet. (And I seriously doubt they will.) However, if you subscribed to one of the following newspapers, keep your eyes open. We never know...

In Québec City :

- Le Soleil

Anywhere else in Canada :

- The Gazette
- The National Post
- The Toronto Sun

Oh, and a good news for our European friends : PublishAmerica also sells books in Europe !

P.S. Thats a weird press release, though. There is no release date listed ! I don't even know when my book is gonna be released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back