DRINKS ARE ON ME ! My novel will be published !

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Maestro

Master Sergeant
Greetings ladies and gentlemen.

On this day, March 10th 2006, I just signed a contract with an American publisher. YES ! After three years spent at looking for a publisher in French, I decided to translate my novel in English and try to find a publisher in the US.

On my first try on the US side, I received a positive answer from PublishAmerica in Frederick, Maryland. My book, titled : "Overlord : Key to the Freedom", is gonna be published in the US and Canada within the next year.

And thanks to NS and Gnomey who helped me with corrections. A big thanks to Plan_D, FBJ, Evan, Les and everyones else on this web site for the information they gave in the different threads.

Weehoo ! Drinks are on me !

Good deal! Beer please
beer.gif

Congrats, I have a life long friend who just had a book published and I know how hard it is to make it happen, big congrats to you.

@ Les : Unfortunately, it's written in the contract that my publisher gives me only two free copies. I'll keep one for myself and I already said to one of my friends that I would give him the other one. Sorry.

@ FBJ : It would be great ! I never saw Maryland... May be it's a nice place. Anyway, if it can give me a free ticket out of Québec, I'll take it anyday !

Well done!

Will buy one when Amazon gets it.

I have done some books over the years (boring market research stuff) and overseen others' books to print in science so I know how tough it is.

Any more in the pipe? Or has it turned you off publishing?

@ Royzee617 : Well, before I started to translate this novel from my first version, I already started to write the second book of a sequel... I was approximately at the 1/3 of the writing process when I stopped to concentrate on finding a publisher. So, I'll see how much my first book is popular to know if I continue the sequel or not.

@ Pisis : On the contract, there was nothing concerning a cover... So I think that's the job of the publisher to make one. They must have their own artists. I already described the story a few times here, but here is a part of the letter I sent with my manuscript :

"I wrote a novel about the RAF in WW II (originally in French but I'm currently translating it) and I would like to know if you would be interested to publish it. Here is a short summary of the story (please note that the story is completely fictional) :

The story begins in May 1944 when Squadron Leader William McAndrew, the Scottish commander of the 701 Squadron (RAF), is captured by the Germans after bailing out of his Spitfire over Normandy. After a short stay in a German prison near Caen (a few days), the pilot is freed by a commando team (Green Berets). The story follows the life of both William McAndrew and the commando team until the Liberation of Caen, on July 19th 1944."

Maestro said:
"I wrote a novel about the RAF in WW II (originally in French but I'm currently translating it) and I would like to know if you would be interested to publish it. Here is a short summary of the story (please note that the story is completely fictional) :

The story begins in May 1944 when Squadron Leader William McAndrew, the Scottish commander of the 701 Squadron (RAF), is captured by the Germans after bailing out of his Spitfire over Normandy. After a short stay in a German prison near Caen (a few days), the pilot is freed by a commando team (Green Berets). The story follows the life of both William McAndrew and the commando team until the Liberation of Caen, on July 19th 1944."

sounds interesting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back