Duxford....Birds in Theirs Nests

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep, I think he's got it pretty much covered. I don't think I have anything that Jeff has not already posted or that he still plans to post. I do plan to start a thread on my Hendon visit when I get sorted and after I finish the BoB stuff.

Probably hasn't changed!

Well, back then, you could see everything in the Battle of Britain hall, and photogrpah the aircraft, hand held, no flash using 100 ASA film !
And the Spitfire and Hurricane were in proper blast pens, with trolley ac etc, not the 'toy town' ones I've seen in photos since the 're-furb', with it's arty-farty, dark, lighting effects !

IMG_0128.JPG

IMG_0129.JPG

IMG_0130.JPG

IMG_0131.JPG

IMG_0132.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

not the 'toy town' ones I've seen in photos since the 're-furb', with it's arty-farty, dark, lighting effects!

They've made a few changes since then Terry, the arty farty lighting has received quite a bit of negative press; now the far wall behind the Sunderland and Seagull V has been replaced by a glass one, a lot more light is let in the building. The Milestones hall and Grahame White hangar are great ways to get up close to the aircraft. Do post pics Crimea, be good to see what's changed in recent times.

Thanks for the info Grant, sounds a lot better. I really must get my Rs down there again some time.
The camouflaged Fennec looked rather sad without its engine - it, and the overall 'silver' example, were on the original display listings for the show, and seeing the cammo one has reminded me to finish the model, inspired by seeing them both at DX, which I started 2 years ago !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back