Duxford....Birds in Theirs Nests

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

IMG_0199.JPG

IMG_0200.JPG

IMG_0201.JPG

IMG_0202.JPG

IMG_0203.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

Not sure if they charge for Concorde now, but like yourself, I didn't look. The York, when open, is free, and when I was there last year, it looked like Concorde was too, like the airliners on the apron, although there's a voluntary donation box aboard each one.

Nice ones. Were they still charging extra to go into the Concorde? I didn't even look.

No sir, free to stoop my way through the Concorde.

I must also say with the number of people who go through the museum and the fee charged, one would think they could send someone with a dust rag around every so often and give a wipe.

And yes I know the Victor isn't in her nest but she is nest worthy and in need of a respray.

IMG_0226.JPG

IMG_1058.JPG

IMG_1059.JPG

IMG_0227.JPG

IMG_0228.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

Good shots Jeff.
I agree about the dust - I have seen cleaners at work in the past, on the aircraft parked on the floor, and once saw a 'cherry picker' preparing to clean the suspended aircraft, but it looks like it hasn't been done for some time !
The Victor was in the 'spare bay' of the 'superhangar', along with the Shackleton, awaiting its turn to be taken to the conservation hangar for a re-paint, but was moved outside to make way for the aircraft temporarily removed from the American Museum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back