early morning crash

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DBII

Senior Master Sergeant
Oct 16, 2007
Conroe, Texas
Brazoria County, Texas mosquito district, lost one of their airplanes this weekend. They were spraying in the early morning hours at low level and hit a microwave tower. A friend sent me these photos.

DBII

Attachments

• attachments_2009_10_05.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 63
The pilot was the only person on board and he walked away without injuries. The FFA grabed all of the maintaince records ever though it was pilot error. The owners of the plane was not happy about the govererment taking the files.

DBII

Yea, so he hit a tower, and put the plane back down? Damn, looks like some serious damage to the left engine!

My friend knows the pilot. He clipped the guide wire to the tower with the tail. He said something about any landing you can walk away from is a good landing. I am told he is lucky to have landed it.

DBII

Wow...that port engine shure took a hard shot! Props are all hammered from a ground-strike.

He did a heck of a job gettin' her down.

Seems like the FAA has been a little over-zealous in thier finger pointing and fault-finding lately. Wonder if the investigators are trying to justify thier existance for fear of cutbacks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back