eBay: Messerschmitt Bf109

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

G-10? Overall dark green? RLM 82? Oh....just noticed the inner gear door or remnants thereof. So maybe a K? So many questions....

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Rather G-6 or G-8 or G-14. She has the bulges at the fuselage top. Neither G-10 nor K-4 had these fairings. The colour looks like the black than the RLM82.

Rather G-6 or G-8 or G-14. She has the bulges at the fuselage top. Neither G-10 nor K-4 had these fairings. The colour looks like the black than the RLM82.
Yes sir, you are correct! It's obviously been too long since I've been in "109 mode"! The inner gear door(s) still intrigue me as I thought (again, probably wrong) they were kind of "K specific). I also just noticed the larger (fatter) main wheels. As for the color.......I guess black could be a possibility but maybe a very dark overall green? Don't know if I've seen pics of any late war 109's in overall black. Again, intriguing to say the least!

The inner gear door(s) as you call it and can be seen behind the oil cooler housing, is the accessing hatch to the compartment with the shell-ejector chutes for the 12.7mm fuselage-mounted guns. The hatch of the shape was used for the G-6 and later variants. So not for the K only.

Regarding the camo of the kite ... the black was used by the night fighter units or the training ones. Judging by the tone of the oleos I would say the plane was painted overall.
However I can't see any national and squadron markings. Also, the coat looks quite fresh. Generally the plane is in a very good condition. Therefore I believe the pic date is a scam. IMHO the plane is a kind of an exibition in one of airbases and the image could be taken much later.

G-6

the source: Messerschmitt Bf 109G-6 | Large Scale Planes

G-10

the source: Messerschmitt Bf 109G-10 in Detail

Yes, I concur on all accounts. Having a few dope-slap moments here.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
#2291, Certainly a Bf 109 F, with external bullet glass, small oil cooler and round wheelwells . Possibly at Comiso, with prickley-pears and the skyline.

Eng

Users who are viewing this thread