Spanien 1936 Legion Condor Olympic games early model Gotthard Handrick (25 October 1908 – 30 May 1978) German Olympic athlete
Career Summaries - Luftwaffe Officers 1935 - 1945
Section G - K
HANDRICK, Gotthardt. ("Otto") (DOB: 25.10.08 in Zeitz(Zittau?/Sachsen)). (DKG). Summer? 1934
with Fliegergruppe Döberitz (later I./JG 132). 01.04.35 appt Staka 1./JG 132 (to 18.07.37). 1936
winner of the Pentathlon in the Olympics. 17.07.37 Lt., 2./J/88 unhurt - Bf 109 B damaged in forced
landing vic Escalona del-Prado(Segovia), SW of Madrid, after combat with an I-16. 18.07.37 Hptm.,
appt Kdr. J/88 in Spain (to 10.09.38). 09.09.37 Hptm., with Stab. J/88. 18.05.38 Hptm., with Stab.
J/88. 11.09.38 appt Kdr. I./JG 234. 01.11.38 appt Kdr. I./JG 132. 01.05.39 Maj., appt Kdr. I./JG 26
(to 23.06.40). 24.06.40 Maj., appt Kommodore JG 26 (to 21.08.40). 26.08.40 Maj., appt Kdr.
Erg.JGr. Merseburg (to 06.10.40). 07.10.40 Maj., appt Kdr. III./JG 52 (to 22.06.41). 20.06.41 Maj.,
appt Kommodore JG 77 (to 01.05.42). 01.05.42 Obstlt., appt Kommodore JG 5 (to 06.43). (n.d.)
awarded the Ehrenpokal. 06.43 trf to Luftflotte Reich and appt Jagdabschnittsführer Wien (to
15.09.43). 15.09.43 appt Jagdfliegerführer Ostmark (to 15.06.44). 01.10.43 promo to Oberst.
17.10.43 Oberst, awarded DKG for service as Kommodore JG 5. 15.06.44 appt Kdr. 8. Jagddivision
(to 08.05.45). 12.44 Oberst, appt (acting?) Jagdabschnittsführer Mittelrhein (to 26.01.45). 26.01.45
appt (acting?) Jagdfliegerführer Mittelrhein (to 02.45). Credited with 15 victories (5 in Spain). Post
war he worked as a representative for Daimler-Benz. †30.05.78 in Ahrensburg. Buried at Murnau
am Staffelsee/Bayern
- https://www.ww2.dk/Lw Offz - G-K Apr 2024.pdf
- Bitte entschuldigen Sie die Störung...