Eduard 1/48 Bf-110E - Gruppenkommandeur Walter Ehle, II.NJG.1 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

jjp_nl

Staff Sergeant
Apr 13, 2011
Been preoccupied lately with all kinds of things going on in RL, so not a whole lot of posting and forum activity happening. I did however managed to occasionally work on my Eduard 1/48 Bf-110E. I was well underway with it when things slowed down, however slowly but surely the build was wrapped up.

Both in the accuracy and modelling skills departement there's a few thingy's left and right I'm not quite happy about, but I'm glad I finally managed to finish one of these Eduard Bf-110 kits. Good way to test ones skills and advance them 'cause these puppies ain't no Tamigawa slam together shake and bake kits. With three more Eduard 110's in the stash and a G-4 under construction this will by no means be my last Bf-110, so plenty of opportunity to have a go at another one and make it better then this effort. However, I think I first want to have a crack at the Italeri 1/48 (ex-Accurate Miniatures) Il-2M3.

Attachments

• 00.JPG
    00.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 353
  • 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 309
  • 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 355
  • 03.JPG
    03.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:
Cheers fellas

Thanks! The kit was quite difficult, but I was aware of these issues (and as such prepared). The challenging part of the build was definitely the paint job. It's true, it can be done, but I found it certainly to be more difficult then a typical intricate RLM74/75/76 Luftwaffe scheme, which even in 'plain' form without loads of shading and subtle differences is interesting to look at if well sprayed on.

Super job. You captured the subtleties of a monochromatic scheme very well. Very convincing! -Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back