Eduard Tempest Sold Out!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Crimea_River

Marshal
Nov 16, 2008
Calgary
Went to order Eduard's 1/48 Tempest yesterday only to discover it's sold out. It's been just 2 weeks. I don't understand this limited run thing and hope they get/make some more.

I wish Tamiya or someone would do one. The Eduard was , I believe, based on an existing old kit, but with Eduard PE and other parts. Apart from the old Esci kit, (which is the one it might be based on) it was the only game in town. I've got a magazine article from years ago somewhere, describing the kit and a build, which would confirm the origins of the kit - if I could find the mag! If it is the Esci kit, then see my 56 Sqn build - it'll need a lot of work !!

You can grab them on ebay at the mo Andy - I count 5 available now. Still they were never a fantastic kit, just the only one available. Perhaps Mr Tamiya will do one (please - please!)

Cheers

Peter

Well, yes, that's been the case for a few years now. Problem is they run up the price to over a hundred bucks as I've seen. If there's such a demand, why can't they just keep churning them out?

Well, with Peter's pointer, I went and picked one up on Ebay just now, cheaper than Eduard was selling and box unopened. Just needs to show up now!

Looking forward to seeing what it's like Andy. Eduard can be a bit cheeky with some of their releases - for example the ex-Airfix EE Lightning, at more than double the original price, and with only a few Eduard extras. I think they fell flat with that one - especially when Airfix re-released it at virtually half the cost, but without the 'bits'.!

Well, the advert on ebay says the kit comes with 2 frets of PE and a full resin cockpit so it sounds tasty. I'll give it a review when (if?) I get it.

Hello guys,

Hello there! I'm rep of Eduard Model Accessories and I've stumbled upon this thread. Just wanted to jump in and clear this up...

Those Tempest kits really got sold out faster than we thought. Most of them are on their way to hobby shops, or they're already there. At the moment of writing this, there are none left in our stock and online store.

HOWEVER, due to high demand, we're going to make another batch of those. They will appear on our websites as available again very soon!

Thanks for the news Libor. Good to know.

BTW, is that an offer of help in your sig? There was someone on this forum who had been trying to replace some resin wheel wells that arrived with incorrect parts in the package and I'm not sure he ever got it sorted.

Thanks for the news Libor. Good to know.

BTW, is that an offer of help in your sig? There was someone on this forum who had been trying to replace some resin wheel wells that arrived with incorrect parts in the package and I'm not sure he ever got it sorted.

Not sure if I've talked to that person already. Could you direct me on him? Or him on me... I will kindly take care of this issue.

got mine today, will post some pics on sunday when i'm off work.

i think it looks great, but i'm no kit expert and in the box is an advert for a Bf 109 E-4 in 1/48 !!!

Thank heavens for that - to say that the Esci kit was basic is a gross understatement !!
Somewhere I've got a modelling magazine article from quite a few years ago, with a build of this kit, where it's origins are stated - I'll see if I can find it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back