EE Lightning over wing tanks

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

No, but mine's got 2 x 12V batteries, and does a blistering 4 mph - down hill, with a tail wind !!
However, up-hill performance ranges between mediocre and bl**dy terrible, so you might just have a chance ................

The first pub will do for a couple of scoops, as long as the second one can re-charge the batteries - but we'll probably be there long enough for that to happen - HIC !

The overwing tanks were implemented because of the way the Lightning's undercarriage retracted into the wing, which didn't leave any room for stores to be carried under the wings.

AFAIK, the overwing tanks could not be jettisoned in flight.

And even if they could, with the low set elevators on a Lightning, under wing tanks might hit the elevators when leaving.

Every thread should have at least one illustration...

img179.jpg

That's SO not like us! We normally don't let a solid, rational and (heaven forfend) accurate answer get in the way of our childish shenanigans! :)

And I get triple points for including "forfend" and "shenanigans" in the same sentence! :)

That's SO not like us! We normally don't let a solid, rational and (heaven forfend) accurate answer get in the way of our childish shenanigans! :)

And I get triple points for including "forfend" and "shenanigans" in the same sentence! :)
I see your "forfend" and "shenanigans" but point out that I have used "Bailiwick" twice on this forum.

Swedes are turnips. Whilst in much of Europe keys are English even though designed by a Swede, or is it a Turnip.

In Italy and Germany an adjustable spanner is called an "English key" KCle Anglais, Cave Inglese or Englischer schlussel but I never met anyone who could tell me why.

Rollgabelschlüssel – Wikipedia

Last edited:
Tolerate might be a bit extreme to describe our feelings towards Terry or Lucky. Fear of the legal consequences if we acted out our true attitudes towards these two is probably a better way to describe the situation.

Cheers my fellow aviation fans. Glad it wasn't my fault. Any time I have a aviation question, I'll still pop on here to ask it. Both my recent questions I posted on here have gained some really interesting answers, and I have learned new things in the process.

:thumbright:

I better make sure that I plan my escape passing by a pub or two then and your local strip joint....

Late to the party again, damn I miss all the fun. Seems that Terry is planning on "motoring" past my house then with some Swedish types yelling and screaming in Swenglish?

Clearly I need a round of whatever you guys are having...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back