"El Aeroparque"; Vintage airframes at Aeropuerto Carrasco, Montevideo.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

nuuumannn

Major
Oct 12, 2011
Nelson
Hi Guys, last year during my trip to South America I visited Montevideo across the Rio de La Plata from Buenos Aires and went to nose around Aeropuerto Carrasco, Uruguay's principal international airport. There is the small but good Museo Aeronatico, from which I've posted images already, but there's a few other airframes of interest about the place, too, notably the gate guards at the military base. Whilst photographing these, a guard ran out and told me to stop photographing and in haste I explained that I thought they were part of the museo - to which he seemed a little put out! He pointed out where the museo entrance was and seemed to calm down when I told him that I used to work on Huey helicopters, giving me the thumbs up, before I went to the museo entrance.

There's also a couple of birds hung from the roof of the very modern terminal building. I'm adding images to my Flickr page, so, link to more below.

El Aeroparque

T-34 ii

A-37 ii

Simulator ii

UH-1

Castaibert

Link to page: Aeropuerto Carrasco and Museo Aeronautico

Users who are viewing this thread