Euro 2020 (played in 2021)

Hey Bro, who/what is going to win the final?

• Italiano

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Rule Britannia

Votes: 9 90.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Maybe because I lived in Italy where they fly the Lombardia flag and I never met a provocative nerd like you. No one in Italy ever suggested I had sex with my mother, as an example.
dont come at italy again

I can guarentee you that if some smartass manchild talked like that to our faces in person, the bitch would end up in a dumpster somewhere.
In many parts of the world I have worked it would be a matter of family honour to end the life of someone saying "you have sex with your mother" or "you are the son of a whore", and no guarantee that any charge would result from it. Some people really should watch and think what they say.

He's saying Italy, the nation, not some douchy half-ass Italian neighborhood in New York.
When I was in Italy, the people were nice, courteous and well mannered.
The way you act is a disgrace to Italia and her people.
Of all the places I worked Italy was the easiest to learn the language if you want to. Socially they dont want people to be excluded by language, so they teach you Italian, and teach you to love everything about Italy and being Italian, even though many of them spoke perfect English.

When I was in the Plaka (Athens), I got into an argument with the shopkeeper over the price of an item I wanted to buy.
There was alot of shouting, hand-waving and so on.
All of a sudden, a price was settled on, we shook hands, got a hug and parted as friends.
At no point during the exchange, was there any disrespect.

I thought it was a tactical disaster by the England team. They effectively started with a goal advantage and played Italy into the game. Letting Italy have the ball gets tiring after two hours and it showed.

dont come at italy again
The worrying thing about this, is it is not correct English, it wouldn't bother me at all from anyone who had English as a second language, but it is worrying from someone who doesn't have another one. I don't come at Italy I go there.

I think the early goal was a kiss of death as England could then defend a 1-0 lead.

There were parts in the 2nd half that Italy was just dominant.

I think England should have kicked on for a 2nd goal.

Penalties are a lottery so a shame things have to be solved that way.

He's saying Italy, the nation, not some douchy half-ass Italian neighborhood in New York.
When I was in Italy, the people were nice, courteous and well mannered.
The way you act is a disgrace to Italia and her people.
Hey! I grew up in one of those neighborhoods - I resemble that remark! LOL!

Not trying to make this political...

I had several childhood friends like this - over nationalistic towards their ethnic background, carrying a degree of racism towards those around them who are not Italian. They got an education when they went to Italy and got snubbed (or worse) by the locals, got a larger education when they went in the military and pulled that shit in boot camp, especially those who thought they were bad-asses and wound up on Paris Island.

When I first moved to California in the mid-70s it was entertaining when east coast Italians with an attitude confronted a few local "Homies" around my neighborhood.

There were two local Mexican gangs that ate nails for breakfast....

"Guido - you're not in Bay Ridge anymore."

pops-paolo - it's ok to be proud of your ethnic upbringing but when you try to rudely put other's down with nationalistic pride, you are a racist. Hopefully you're young enough to figure this out.

it's ok to be proud of your ethnic upbringing but when you try to rudely put other's down with nationalistic pride, you are a racist. Hopefully you're young enough to figure this out.
And when being proud of one particular heritage or great-grand parent people must recognise they have eight great grand parents, not all maybe what they identify with or boast about.

Last edited:
Hey! I grew up in one of those neighborhoods - I resemble that remark! LOL!

Not trying to make this political...

I had several childhood friends like this - over nationalistic towards their ethnic background, carrying a degree of racism towards those around them who are not Italian. They got an education when they went to Italy and got snubbed (or worse) by the locals, got a larger education when they went in the military and pulled that shit in boot camp, especially those who thought they were bad-asses and wound up on Paris Island.

When I first moved to California in the mid-70s it was entertaining when east coast Italians with an attitude confronted a few local "Homies" around my neighborhood.

There were two local Mexican gangs that ate nails for breakfast....

"Guido - you're not in Bay Ridge anymore."

pops-paolo - it's ok to be proud of your ethnic upbringing but when you try to rudely put other's down with nationalistic pride, you are a racist. Hopefully you're young enough to figure this out.

When I was at Leonardo DaVinci airport, I saw a large family arrive. Clearly Americans, the boys in the group were wearing a ton of gold chains, had their hats on all goofy and their pants "sagging".
The airport police stopped them and told the boys to pull up their pants and the boys objected and yried to walk past.
Within moments, two Carabineiri were there, right hands on their sidearm and left hands gesturing to pull up their pants while firmly and clearly requesting it in English.

It was both amusing and embarrassing at the same time.

* Had to edit "carabineiri" because it seems my spell-check does not like Italian words. Have I mentioned that I hate my phone? *

Last edited:
And when being proud of one particular heritage or great-grand parent people must recognise they have eight great grand parents, not all maybe what they identify with or boast about.
Growing up in a "douchy half-ass Italian neighborhood in New York" (LOL) I got a lot of grief from closer friends because I was not Italian (at least I thought), even though I looked the part, got even more grief for being Puerto Rican. Fast forward 40 years later, now we have Ancestry.com, DNA testing, etc., started learning about my ancestral roots. All along thinking I was 100% Spanish with maybe some Portuguese thrown in there, after a DNA test and some research discovered a large part of my DNA was French and Italian. Long story short, related to Christopher Columbus (NY's #1 Italian) and Ruggiero di Lauria (13th Century Italian Admiral) if I want to trust the transcribed records and DNA matches. I guess I'm having the last laugh but won't go to any Native rights conventions (although I'm also about 10% Caribbean Native)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back