Exciting News from AirCorps Library

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
One man fought to save the North American WWII era drawings. When Ken Jungeberg heard that North American was going to burn their original engineering drawings and technical manuals he jumped into action to save them. "We will be working to organize, sort, and catalog the drawings in the collection, so that they will be available to WWII enthusiasts for artistic value and technical research".... The Ken Jungeberg Collection | AirCorps Aviation

OH...MY...WORD! I'm not big on scale modeling or blueprints/specs, but the very thought of those being destroyed made me sick to my stomach. What an AMAZING resourse! It's going to be a while before I can pick my jaw up off the floor.

-Irish

Sweet! Everyone loves the final products but so quickly forget where they came from. Glad to see them getting some TLC.

That's the beauty of being able to model something from the original designs - literally history remade. Everyone will benefit from this.

When Fairchild bought out or absorbed Republic, most of the P-47 material was ditched, apparently with the exception of some prototype stuff. One or two employees risked their jobs by going dumpster diving and, IIRC, rescued a great deal of Thunderbolt documents. Presumably that collection went to the Long Island (cradle of aviation?) museum. Blessings be upon them, and a pox on the soulless suits who took over. As Ed Heinemann said of Douglas and the industry generally, aviation went to hell when it became aerospace with the lawyers and accountants replacing "aircraftsmen."

One man fought to save the North American WWII era drawings. When Ken Jungeberg heard that North American was going to burn their original engineering drawings and technical manuals he jumped into action to save them. "We will be working to organize, sort, and catalog the drawings in the collection, so that they will be available to WWII enthusiasts for artistic value and technical research".... The Ken Jungeberg Collection | AirCorps Aviation
It's great that this gentleman was able to rescue and save these valuable parts of history !!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back