F-22 vs....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

nah, but when you can point the nose of your aircraft away from the direction of flight (off axis) and therefore being able to point your weapons without necessarily having to manouvre into a position where your flying towards your target, it kinda helps a bit. But it is handicapped in range and endurance, I read a quote by one of Mikoyans designers that the MiG 29 was a fighter to defend its own airfield boundries. and its BVR has short comings which could be taken atvantage of by the F-22.

Who do I want providing air cover while I'm providing assault support - you can sure as heck bet that I am not taking some Russian MiG or Sukhoi over 22s and soon to hit the fleet 35s.

The only a/c I see as a match for the F-22 is the Eurofighter Typhoon.

In terms of maneuverability they both have things going for them, as do they in speed climb rate, avionics, weapons etc etc. The Eurofighter has the advantage of a better pilots interface while the F-22 has its stealth capability.

Top notch fighters..

The only a/c I see as a match for the F-22 is the Eurofighter Typhoon.

In terms of maneuverability they both have things going for them, as do they in speed climb rate, avionics, weapons etc etc. The Eurofighter has the advantage of a better pilots interface while the F-22 has its stealth capability.

Top notch fighters..

The Typhoon II is not a generation 5 fighter. Its a Generation 4.5 fighter, much like the Super Hornet.

The F-22 is faster, far more manuverable, stealthy, can carry a heavier/larger weapons load, makes less demands on the pilot to fly, is more fuel efficient, has a longer range. I don't know where you got the idea that the Typhoon as a better pilots interface considering the EAP first flew in 1986 (the first actual Typhoon in 1994). The F-22 has had the advantage of nearly 10 extra years of technological development.

The Typhoon will not be able to match up alongside the F-22 until, at least, 2010 when Europe introduces their own AESA into the Typhoon.

well with all the cash there spending on these planes , they should be able too cook dinner for you and give you he%d when your flying , but in all things i wonder if any of the goverments think about prolong wars and the time it takes too make these planes and train the flyguys !!!!! too fly them ?

I assume you're asking if any government wonders what they will do if there's a long war, and they need replacements? Well, aircraft can be built extremely quickly in times of war. Once all the machines and jigs are in place you can rattle a lot of aircraft off. The training of pilots is a completely different matter, and I don't think any modern country could throw out as many pilots capable of flying todays machines as they did in ...say, World War II when aircraft were basic and flying was relatively easy.

Well from when I first began flying to pinning on my wings it was 26 months. This does include 3 PCS moves, and about 5 months of pool time waiting to do something. I didn't even get qualified in the MV-22 yet since I have a little hiatus now.

The Typhoon II is not a generation 5 fighter. Its a Generation 4.5 fighter, much like the Super Hornet.

The F-22 is faster, far more manuverable, stealthy, can carry a heavier/larger weapons load, makes less demands on the pilot to fly, is more fuel efficient, has a longer range. I don't know where you got the idea that the Typhoon as a better pilots interface considering the EAP first flew in 1986 (the first actual Typhoon in 1994). The F-22 has had the advantage of nearly 10 extra years of technological development.

I didn't get any ideas buddy, the EF Typhoon has the best most sophisticated pilots interface in the world, and its pilots wear the best G-suit in the world as-well, the Libelle suit.

And the F-22 is not any more maneuverable than the EF, the EF can sustain 9 G's for as long as there is fuel, the F-22 cannot. Furthermore the Libelle suit means that the EF pilot can stand higher forces than the F-22 pilot, again an advantage to the EF.

And since they're both equally fast and have the same service ceiling they're very close.

?? Do you want me to name a book for you or something mkloby ? These a re some very new a/c so I doubt any book covers this subject.

As to where I know this from, well I've talked to EF pilots for one and I've read allot about both a/c, and one thing which is always mentioned is the Eurofighter's state of the art pilots interface and cockpit ergonomics being the best in the world.

You should read this:
Eurofighter Technology and Performance : Cockpit
Eurofighter Technology and Performance : Flight Systems

And about stealth:
Eurofighter Technology and Performance : Structure

I really don't see that the Eurofighter is better...

Cockpit

External stores for weapons will not only take away any stealth ability, but also effect drag and overall performance.

"I've talked to EF pilots for one and I've read allot about both a/c, and one thing which is always mentioned is the Eurofighter's state of the art pilots interface and cockpit ergonomics being the best in the world."
And how may of those have also flown the F-22?

I have no doubt that the Typhoon is a very capable fighter in this age. But without the stealth ability and other technological advances, it's not a Raptor.

I would like to see a pilot sustain 9 Gs for as long as there is fuel...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back