F4U serial numbers?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

tomo pauk

Creator of Interesting Threads
Apr 3, 2008
Hello, gentlemen,
Doing some research about the Corsairs, I'd like to ask for someone to provide informations about the serial number ranges. Eg. seems that F4U-1D starts from serial JT-555, but what serial is the last one for the -1D? The F4U-1"A" starts from JT-100 and ends with JT-554 (the -1A never being official version name)?
I'm looking forward for the good data corrections of my initial informations :)

They had Bureau Numbers, not serial numbers. Here's what I have. The Planes of Fame Corsair is an F4U-1A produced by Bought and is Bu No 17799 and is the oldest one flying. We are returning it to F4U-1A configurartion from the F4U-1D confiduration at this time, for historical correctness.

View attachment 231445

Last edited:
No rush, Greg, I was in bed from 22 till 6:30, Central European Time.

Thanks for the feedback, people.
About serials/BuNo - the manual of the F4U mentions them in such a format (eg. JT-100).

yah, forgot to mention the list was US Bureau Numbers. When they transfer to another country, we have NO control of the numbers assigned. I didn't catch that you were looking for British aircraft numbers ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back