Fantasy of Flight-FL (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Damn TO... if knew you were coming, i would have went week later...
I was impressed that they fly one warbird almost every day. They flew an original Storch when i was there..

I think next weekend is free admission and "Open Cockpit Days".

bring lots of sunscreen... it was nasty hot!

Yeah, we're going to Disney World/Universal (our 10th time), guess we're "double aces". On the "chill" day when they all hang by the pool, I'll hopefully get a chance to go back to FOF.

Like that fact that they fly a warbird most days.

We leave in five days, can't wait!

TO

There is another aviation museum 20 min west of FOF... much smaller but they had some significant pieces.. I'll post those photos tonight.

So...youd be the guy walking around with a huge grin while taking those great shots ?. Thanks for posting them, its definitley a museum on my list of ones visit. I could spend all day just looking at those racks of engines and dreaming (how to put one in my pocket without anyone noticing !:twisted:)

Last edited:
So...youd be the guy walking around with a huge grin while taking those great shots ?. Thanks for posting them, its definitley a museum on my list of ones visit. I could spend all day just looking at those racks of engines and dreaming (how to put one in my pocket without anyone noticing !:twisted:)

They had a lot of R-2800's and Allisons.. I didnt see many Merlins-- only 2.

fascinating.

I hope i get to see their Meteor and Lancaster when they're assembled.

It would be a shame to see this collection broken up when he passes on. More pictures of the Dragon please!

The Dragon, like much of the collection, is disassembled in a warehouse filled with drums and pallets. If you have a specific part of the plane, I'd be happy to try but its like being in grandpas workshop... hard to get around. We're lucky the storage aircraft are even mentioned... the regular displays are immaculate, beautiful and ready to fly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back