Favorite commercial airline you've flown with (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Aborted 3 times? Really? If they all werent runway incursions (unsettling enough), then they must have been mechanical and I would have been screaming to get me off any plane the pilot deems unairworthy 3 frickin' times, yet goes for a fourth go'er. Get me off that plane immediately. And if it was runway incursions, get me out of the terminal controller's oversight ASAP. Either way that would be news worthy today.

First time aborted because of a warning light,2nd time aborted for same reason after it had been reset,now had to sit off runway to cool the brakes. 3rd time for the same reason we had to go back to the gate to refuel and wait until they figured out what the problem was. There was total silence when it took off and cheers and clapping after it landed in Atlanta. I've been in air pockets where the trays were suspended in mid air and crap flying all over once before(always keep my seatbelt on) but those aborts were unsetteling.

Them Southwest Stewardess' were always mighty friendly to me. (Wink, wink.) But that was 20 years ago....Before I was married this last time. (I was considerably thinner back then...cough, cough.)
Anyways, the wife and I flew out of Atlanta to Las Vegas a couple of years ago on a USAirways flight and everything went fine. As a former long distance truck driver, I am always impressed by the magic of flight. Get on the damn thing and a couple of hours later be in a different location! She and I have made several flights together, but I have flown many times more before her, but every one has been magic to me. Even the rough ones!
I have flown commercially, probably 75 or so times, and have only had one bad experience. Can't even remember the airline but it was back in the day when they let me smoke on the plane. Had a lady that was afraid to fly sit next to me and she needed to be calmed down, so we went into the bathroom and...
Never mind, that was a pretty good flight also, now that I think about it.

Can't say I've ever had any problems flying British Airways, guess I've been lucky but enjoyed the experiences I have had.

Other than them, enjoyed KLM, Singapore and Swiss were great when I flew with them to Geneva earlier this year (and the fact I get 20% of their flights and free ski carriage I can't really complain)...

My wife just booked tickets with Delta Torture-Airlines. She was told that they have an "Economy Comfort" section right behind First Class wherein you have the utmost luxury of experiencing 3-4 inches of extra leg room over the poor bastards that must endure the aft end of this fun bag! But no, WAIT!! Yes you will also be allowed to enter the plane right after first class! Holy Moving Cowshit, what a miracle of modern luxury. Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou... Deltaeffingairlines. May you go out of business at my soonest convenience. Effholes.

[This is a true story. No facts have been changed. Delta remains a US shithole of operator like 99% of US operators.]

I still have a bone to pick with Alitalia and thier rude and sarcastic a-hole counter agents there in Rome. It's an extremely rare occasion that I harbor thoughts of bringing any form of physical abuse on a female, but there's two females there in Rome that I wanted to punch in the neck after I was stranded, and tried to get help reconnecting to a flight home after thier eff-up.

After calming myself down and finding help at another counter at the other end of the terminal (and a hot, muggy night sleeping in the terminal), I was on my way home.

I will never fly Alitalia again...ever.

And they do it with a huge pancake too Njaco... I don't't think it'd be long before an Easyjet crew create something humourous to say about it while doing their occasionally uncomedic routines while pretending to do the safety explaination.

Sometimes you'd think that the ephamistic mile high orgiastic love child from Ben Elton, Richard Curtis, Katie Brand, Billy Connelly and Mitchel Webb has been specifically writing for those Easyjet attendants...

Last edited:
Good luck, buddy.

I'm sure you will find your trip exactly like a bus ride in the dredges of society. Be safe man.

I have flown the flight several times. Like I said, I don't care for Delta (they are in my top 3 of worst airlines). I am only flying with them because they offered the cheapest way, and a direct flight into Stuttgart where the family lives. Plus we are taking a cat, so we wanted the most direct rout.

United tomorrow :(

Last time on the way to Switzerland out of the whole plane just MY rows TVs were out... 7 .5 hours of nothing (did read) if it happens again I'm gonna make a scene :lol:

United tomorrow :(

Last time on the way to Switzerland out of the whole plane just MY rows TVs were out... 7 .5 hours of nothing (did read) if it happens again I'm gonna make a scene :lol:

You should have done something on that flight. You paid for a service (not matter how shitty airline service is), and part of that service is the inflight entertainment. You should have asked to be moved to another seat, or an upgrade to first or business. If they could not facilitate that, then you should have requested a partial refund.

I would contact that the airline and see what you can get. Maybe they will give you a discount on a future flight.

You should have done something on that flight. You paid for a service (not matter how shitty airline service is), and part of that service is the inflight entertainment. You should have asked to be moved to another seat, or an upgrade to first or business. If they could not facilitate that, then you should have requested a partial refund.

I would contact that the airline and see what you can get. Maybe they will give you a discount on a future flight.

F***, maybe will have a look and see if they'll refund something after I get back tomorrow

...dont' count on it. You want something like that, you need to be upfront about it. Have a safe trip back buddy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back