Favorite Sub-machine gun

Favorite Sub machine gun

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My mate said he actually ended up having to buy his own desert boots in the Gulf off the US guys and because he wasn't front line to begin with he had no desert camo issued for months.

We had to at first also because they did not have eneogh desert issue for us

Really? We Didnt have any, but you know those new digital camo that your Royal Marines and The U.S marines, We invented those, those are patterned in a way so that you cant be seen on Infrared and they work too.

And why does military crap cost so damn much these days, like during operation anaconda we had no desert camo, we taped our boots with water proof tape (It was not for water protection, the color happend to be light pink) we were cutting the material from our sand bags and making it into brush for our helmets, we looked pathetic and the americans wouldnt stop laughing at us, that was until our sniper pegged a taliban from 800 yds at night time.

where was I? yeah we finally got Desert Camo when we were well into Op Apollo, apparently it set back the government like 3 million dollars for the dam things wtf, and we spent so much just to ummm :oops: rent some submarines from the brits just to find they had asbestos insulation in them Thx alot PD :evil: Its not your fault, and NS may bring more light to what Im saying, but were paying like 6billion dollars for 25 new anti-submarine helicopters to replace our Sea Kings, Though its old news to you guys I was shocked to hear that the US canceled the Comanche program which was a big farce on their part, I heard it was because they would have to pay like 14bil for like 140 planes well that was stupid, Back in the day the government could purchase a P-40 Warhawk for 12000 dollars.
Personally I think the prices of this technology is meant to keep countries 10 paces behind them in strength even if you are their closest ally.
Now I can Understand Navy ships being so exspensive, there is time put into building them, Huge ass radar and sonar installation, price of the raw products used to make them, certain advansed weaponry and navigation systems along with big ass weapons like those right and left side "Big Berthas" that makes sense.
But for a helicopter that cant exceed 12000ft, or or 300kmh, and can easily be downed if you so much as shoot a pistol into the tail rudder.
For an F-18 that will go for 18 million dollars cant exceed 1000mile without drop tanks, that wont last in carrier service for more than 6 years, yes they have advanced navigation, radar, and miscellanious technology but those are meant to help the pilot and his ground control how the does it meet the requirments of todays battlefeild.
If you ask me we should all start over agian at swords and arrows and work our way up to making it easier for another country to get ahold of advanced weaponary LOL

And why does military crap cost so damn much these days, like during operation anaconda we had no desert camo, we taped our boots with water proof tape
It just is. Howcome only the Marines are using the Dessert Camo anyway????

Not desert camo Digital Camo, Instead of the pattern being splashes and tigerstripes the pattern is small squares, when you try to find a guy with this camo with Infrared anywhere beyond 100meters he is invisible, the pattern in great detail simulates the static that you see when using NV goggles.

Yeo, thats as good as it gets for canadian products in the states, A flippin surplus store, If I were a quebecer it probably wouldnt bother.

Yes the US Marines got there digital pattern from the Canadians. Now the Army has it also. Our design is for wooldand and desert also. One uniform for where ever we go.

The Germans were actually using digital cammo back in the 80's already. Not most of the units but the GSG9 Spec ops units were using the digital pattern in the 80's.

The Germans were actually using digital cammo back in the 80's already. Not most of the units but the GSG9 Spec ops units were using the digital pattern in the 80's.
Wow, Germans have always been working on their camo. Even back during WWII when they painted their tanks with that special spotted camo including their uniforms!

For the longest time the German uniforms after WW2 were just plane grey/green uniforms similar to the US Fatigues. They did not go to a camo pattern until the 80's just like the US did.

Even back during WWII when they painted their tanks with that special spotted camo including their uniforms!

Ambush pattern! 8)

BTW colourblind people see in tonality rather than colour, so using camouflage against them is nearly pointless.

Wait. The Germans had a cool assortment of camo. I know most of the Werhmacht used mainly grey but the SS used Camo. They also put on their tanks mainly in the Russian Campaign.

The SIG MP41 was the submachine gun that I would use if I were a European nation, although the US should stick with the Thompson to simplify things. This weapon was made in Switzerland, and clocked in at 9.6lbs. It had a 40 round detachable box clip for holding 9mm Parabellum rounds. It opperated on blowback, and had a cyclic rate of 850rpm. It had a muzzle velocity of 1312fps, and an effective range of 984 ft. This is not to say that the gun was accurate at these ranges, but rather that it could still be believed that bullets would reach out past most other SMGs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back