Favorite WWII movie soundtrack?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

GrauGeist

Generalfeldmarschall zur Luftschiff Abteilung
We all know that music in a movie can make or break the experience and once in a while, the music can be so epic, that the music alone can invoke emotions.
For example, the soundtrack to Gladiator alone is outstanding, but the Wheatfield scene coupled with Lisa Gerrard's lamentation is almost otherworldly. Same for Last of the Mohicans, which also has an amazing soundtrack, but the scene at the cliff coupled with the track "Promontory", is an experience that is hard to describe.

So for WWII movies, which would be your favorite soundtrack?

My favorites are:
Das Boot
Battle of Britain (especially towards the end)
Patton

Lots to pick from during the 1960s but here's my top three in no particular order:

1) The Great Escape
2) Kelly's Heroes (granted, more like pop music when compared to the other two but still a great tune nevertheless!)
3) The Blue Max

We all know that music in a movie can make or break the experience and once in a while, the music can be so epic, that the music alone can invoke emotions.
For example, the soundtrack to Gladiator alone is outstanding, but the Wheatfield scene coupled with Lisa Gerrard's lamentation is almost otherworldly. Same for Last of the Mohicans, which also has an amazing soundtrack, but the scene at the cliff coupled with the track "Promontory", is an experience that is hard to describe.

So for WWII movies, which would be your favorite soundtrack?

My favorites are:
Das Boot
Battle of Britain (especially towards the end)
Patton

LOL 1941
I'm a sucker for swing music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back