Favorite Sub-machine gun

Favorite Sub machine gun

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Can you get the info for the flamethrower?

Did you know that the the Pulse Rifle on Aliens, was simply a Thompson with a Spaz shotgun attached to the bottom with some other custom made parts?

It's SPAS, not Spaz. Spaz is a derogatory term, like retard.

Special Purpose Automatic Shotgun FYI.

schwarzpanzer said:
Can you get the info for the flamethrower?

Did you know that the the Pulse Rifle on Aliens, was simply a Thompson with a Spaz shotgun attached to the bottom with some other custom made parts?

It's SPAS, not Spaz. Spaz is a derogatory term, like retard.

Special Purpose Automatic Shotgun FYI.

No I cant but if you watch the movie clearly it was part M-16

Sorry, it's just that it is seen as very offensive in England.

Pity there's no flamethrower info, it's called the M240 in sci-fi world, but I believe it may have it's origins in reality? as does the Rifle in the M16/M203.

Is it? Like most things it depends on the context and who it's addressed to.

For example when I was driving into the centre of Bristol with a mate of mine we had a laugh when we drove past a white guy in dreds and saying "Yo yo yo man! Like check out ma wigger sheet! Wot a total spastic!"

Although would I say that if someone black or disabled was around that I didn't know? Probably not. And does it mean I have a poor opinion of either? Of course not.

P38 Pilot said:
He said they were taught how to "tilt" the 5.56mm round in the gun. In order to do this you had to put it on semi but this was a great way onto bring the enemy down. When you fired the round, the bullet would spiral like when you miss threw a football and when it hit the Vietnamese, it could tear a limb off or if it was a head shot, spilt it wide open.

I am not doubting what you are saying because I do not know what you are talking about, but just seems kind of wierd. If you place a round in the magazine any differently in the magazine it will jam the gun.

P38 Pilot said:
Even back then firing the little 5.56mm was tough.

Firing a 5.56 is easy. It has hardly any kick to it all. It does not matter what kind of gun it is, 5.56 is easy.

Blackwatch said:
battle-site zero for a M-16 is 250 meters in the US Army or was anyway...I taught my guys 250 meters is way to close...we have other means to engage, so use them

It is 300m or atleast now it is.

P38 Pilot said:
What?? They were a bunch of retards if they dont know know how a gun works! The only gun that uses a spring is a freaking BB gun.

Werent you just calling people in PD's chemistry class retards because they do not know how a gun works? You need to learn how a gun works.

The M-16, M-4, 50 Cal. M-9 Baretta, M-60, Mark 19, SAW, 249, all use springs. In fact lots of guns use springs.

What did I tell you P38 think before you speak, you just made yourself out to look like an idiot again. Please research before you post.

Just looking out for you again.

schwarzpanzer said:
What causes the bolt to fly forwards after the second shot then?

GAS! It is a gas operated weapon. The gasses from the fired round push the bolt back. It still has a spring though and it is called a Buffer Spring.

Caliber: 9x19mm Luger/Para
Weight: 2.7 kg empty; 3.5 kg loaded
Lenght (stock closed/open): 481 / 686 mm
Barrel lenght: 198 mm
Rate of fire: 550 rounds per minute
Magazine capacity: 34 rounds
Effective range: 200 meters

This submachine gun had been developed in the 1940s by the Patchett at the Sterling Armament Co., Great Britain. Initial version was first introduced at Arnhem but was formally adopted by British Army in 1953. It remained in army service well untill early 1990s, when it was replaced by L85A1 assault rifle.

Sterling is a relatively simple, but wery well made, blowback operated gun. The receiver and the barrel heat shield was made from steel tube, the bolt was machined, with fixed firing pin and four special ribs, designed to gather and remove the dust and fouling from the receiver. The curved magazine is inserted from the left side, spent cases are ejected to the right. The folding butt is made from stamped steel. Silenced version of the Sterling, oficially labelled as L34A1, replaced in service the older STEN Mark 6 silenced.

The Sterling SMG deserved wery high reputation along the troops due to extreme reliability and good accuracy.

Over 90 countries used the Sterling, a number still do and I think India still make it.

As an aside at least one of the Arab royal families had gold plated Sterlings for the use of their body guard.

Werent you just calling people in PD's chemistry class retards because they do not know how a gun works? You need to learn how a gun works.

The M-16, M-4, 50 Cal. M-9 Baretta, M-60, Mark 19, SAW, 249, all use springs. In fact lots of guns use springs.

What did I tell you P38 think before you speak, you just made yourself out to look like an idiot again. Please research before you post.

Just looking out for you again.

K I do that all of the time so geeze dont be so hard on him you arent on me.

And second the SAW and The 249 are the same weapons, and the M2 50.Cal does not use springs it uses the bolt lock system on the cocking handle.

Springs were deveoped for Gas Operated weapons as the M2 was Recoil Operated.

DerAdler:

Firing a 5.56 is easy. It has hardly any kick to it all. It does not matter what kind of gun it is, 5.56 is easy.

It is when you overcompensate for a heavy recoil, and a heavy gun, it feels really weird. :confused:

GAS! It is a gas operated weapon. The gasses from the fired round push the bolt back. It still has a spring though and it is called a Buffer Spring.

Gas makes the piston go backwards yes, but then what makes the bolt go forwards again?

Glider:

Getting back to the subject. Has anyone nominated the Sterling as their choice for an SMG?

It must be in with a shout

I like the .45 ACP, but the Sterling is apparently the most powerful 9mm weapon.

I've heard it was a favourite for robbers as it could penetrate armoured glass.

Silenced version of the Sterling, oficially labelled as L34A1, replaced in service the older STEN Mark 6 silenced.

Nice gun, not too silent but hard to know where 'popping' is coming from.

102 Hussars:

K I do that all of the time so geeze dont be so hard on him you arent on me.

If you laugh at people and call them retards like he did, you have to expect counter-insults.

the SAW and The 249 are the same weapons

Yes, the M249 is a SAW (Also called the Minimi)

And lets not forget that it was the favourite weapon of Imperial Stormtroopers.
Ummm, excuse me, but that would be the BlasTech DLT-19 Heavy Blaster Rifle....

This endearing classic weapon has stood the test of time.... Since the Empire was formed, the Heavy Blaster Rifle began its ongoing service as the Defender..... Now nicknamed "The Sweeper", the DLT-19 discharges a tremendous blast bolt with long-range capability...

The DLT-19 is the most dramatic and effective personally carried Trooper weapon...

This single weapon, used correctly can replace the firepower of 3-5 Standard Blasters with equal destructive force... The EBR of the Heavy Blaster Rifle is approximately 3.2 times greater than the E-11 unit.... Its un-daunting and legendary reputation of service proved that the DLT-19 was the perfect platform for defending garrisons...

Now, this Heavy Rifle is the preferred weapon of single-purpose Assault Combat Teams for open-area engagements specializing in frontal and large-scale assaults...

The Heavy Blaster Rifle uses a canted spotting scope (older versions) - newer version of the Heavy Rifle use a top mounted scope - featuring both manual and automatic focusing and trajectory compensators (adjusting for ambient magnetic and force field anomalies, etc.).... The scope is not serviceable in the field.

The folding stock permits the Sniper Trooper to wield this weapon with deadly precision....The muzzle blast/flash suppressor minimizes the initial blast flash to a nominal signature... To compensate for the increased recoil, a PlastiTheen stock absorbs much of the tremendous recoil created by such a powerful bolt as produced by the DLT-19....

The Heavy Blaster Rifle is charged using two forms of energy: A heavy-duty 50-bolt Electro-Crystalline power cell and a 200-bolt capacity plasma cell give personnel a moderate cache of firepower usage.... Note the per capita shots of the E-11 outnumber the DLT-19 since the Heavy Rifle requires a greater charge per shot... Periodically inspect the cell magazine receivers to be sure the tracks are free from debris and defects... Check the operation of cell-feed to ensure the cells lock into position freely and securely...

The cell casings are designed to high tolerances and may be re-used with confidence, however recycling of said cells should only be performed at an authorized overhaul site...

***NOTE***
Periodically check the barrel to be sure the inner channel is free of Foreign Object Damaging (FOD) material/debris. Failure to do so may lead to the destruction of the weapon and harm (death) to the user...

Field Servicing of this Blaster is covered under the BlasTech DLT-19 Field Service Manual... (All safety checks and routine/emergency repair procedures are discussed thoroughly in said manual....)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back