Finding a Do-17.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
Hi guys,

For the BoB GB I am doing a Do-17 from KG 3. I have been unsuccessful in my search for the aircraft

It is coded 5K+EA. The E is black with a red border. Its got a white square with a red cross on the nose and a red square with a white cross right beneath it. Its a Do-17Z and again any info on this such as the crew, photos, anything would be helpful.

I don't have pictures of the decals as I'm in a rush type in Do-17Z Hobby craft in google and you'll see.

Thanks!!

I have that kit on my shelf and I was thinking of doing it for the GB, but I don't think I will have the time to do such a large kit in the middle of the busy season at work.

I should have some pics and probably a profile, from the KG at least. Can't promise it'll be that aircraft, but I'll post what I find here.

This could be it or another plane but same unit...III Gruppe of KG 3 I think.

Attachments

• KG3.jpg
    KG3.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 130
That's a re-touched version of the original pic, negative ref. 343/679/15a. I'll be posting a full set from the same films, including one of yours, and a profile, in a few minutes from now. They are all from the Stab., KG3.

Here you go H. the airborne views are all on the same mission, and film roll. There is a ground shot also of 'your' aircraft, and a profile of same. The pics are all Bundes Archiv originals, scanned from 'German Bombers over England', by Bryan Philpott. The profile (Steve Archibald) and camouflage diagram are from an original 1980 Scale Models feature, subsequently published in book form as 'Battle of Britain Aircraft', in 1990.
The shield on the nose is the badge of the City of Elbing. Note that the white band on the fins of 'your' A/C is a tactical marking applied as recognition for a specific mission, and was possibly/probably not always present. Hope these help.

Attachments

• Can Jan 343.jpg
    Can Jan 343.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 112
  • Can Jan 344.jpg
    Can Jan 344.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 123
  • Can Jan 345.jpg
    Can Jan 345.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 122
  • Can Jan 346.jpg
    Can Jan 346.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 124
  • Can Jan 347.jpg
    Can Jan 347.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 112
  • Can Jan 348.jpg
    Can Jan 348.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 113
  • Can Jan 349.jpg
    Can Jan 349.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 114
Kit supplied are that and there aren't enough Do-17's for me to buy aftermarket decals

Ah.

Well, make your own! ;)

There is inkjet Decal paper you can get. :)

Regardless, HF! I have that same kit, but have no idea if I will ever have time to make it. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back