**** FINISHED: GB-45 1/72 Bf 109E-3 - BoB/Foreign Service (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

PlasticHero

Senior Airman
Jul 31, 2019
Pennsylvania, USA
Username: PlasticHero
First Name: Alan
Category: intermediate -> beginner (I only used the resin wheels)
Scale: 1/72
Manufacturer /Model: Tamiya Bf 109E-3
Extras: Squadron Signal Bulged wheels; Xtradecal decals

Only 3 "oops" to call out on this one and a little simpler on detail and finish. The ground crew somehow threw the joystick into the woods and couldn't find it. The paint crew skimped a little bit on the starboard RLM 65 at the wingroot. They also managed to scratch off some of the port side numbers. Both crews have been restricted to base for 1 month.
finish1.jpg

Added comment Airframes Airframes pointed out the third from the front vertical bar is only the joint between the front and rear side panel and should not be painted. And I noticed that I had painted over the lower front triangular panes.
finish2.jpg

finish3.jpg

Here is where the 11 got damaged.
finish4.jpg

Here what looks like exhaust is the RLM 65 that only partially covers the wingroot area.
finish5.jpg

finish6.jpg

finish7.jpg

finish8.jpg

finish10.jpg
The only weathering done on this was the exhaust and I'm not going to rig the aerial. Restoration staff spilled a bucket of thinner on the floor of the museum photo stage.

Last edited:
Found this little youtube clip about a 109 that crashed on a French beach in 1940. It was recovered after 48 years and restored to flying condition. The most interesting thing I learned, is that when the flaps are lowered, the ailerons are drooped as well. I have to remember this so when I build my next one, I have to cut the ailerons out and lower them as well. Both of them are down the same amount, the stick is not pushed to the left.
""
1590092140646.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back