**** FINISHED: GB-50 1:48 P-38F-15-LO - Zombie Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Crimea_River

Marshal
Nov 16, 2008
Calgary
Username: Crimea River
First name: Andy
Category: Judge – Non competing
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Academy
Model Type: P-38E
Aftermarket addons: Sky Decals, Ultracast resin wheels

Well, after almost 6 years of languishing partially built on my naughty shelf, this kit is finally done. Links to the detailed build threads are here if anyone wants to share the pain:

The Academy kit, though now outclassed by the new Tamiya kit, is still quite nice and if it weren't for the broken part that I had to deal with the build would have been much less of a chore. Digging in to the identity and finding pictures of s/n 43-2136 HV-C was interesting, though the oft-represented red boundary star and bar insignia remains questionable as the available pics of this aircraft on the net are not consistent in their descriptions as to timing. Nonetheless, it's an attractive scheme and one that I'm happy to have chosen. I also wanted to practice my heavy weathering techniques and this was a good subject for that. All in all, I'm pretty happy with how this turned out, though I could have done much more detailing in the wheel wells. Perhaps I'll get the Tamiya kit some day and go all out on that one.

Anyway, the 6 obligatory finished 6 pics are here. Thanks to all who followed the build and chimed in with comments.

21082201.jpg
21082202.jpg
21082203.jpg
21082204.jpg
21082205.jpg
21082206.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back