**** FINISHED: GB-60 1/72 Yak-3 - Zombie Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

PlasticHero

Senior Airman
Jul 31, 2019
Pennsylvania, USA
Username: PlasticHero
First Name: Alan
Category: Intermediate
Scale: 1/72
Model: Yak-3
Manufacturer: Zvezda snap 7301
Extras: None

Finish1.jpg
Finish2.jpg
Finish3.jpg
Finish4.jpg
Finish5.jpg
Finish6.jpg
Finish7.jpg
Finish9.jpg
Finish8.jpg

The only thing I can call out on this build is the masking over the cockpit leaked a little clear so there are some cloudy spots. The spinner was not great and the only weathering was a little exhaust. For a snap kit the detail was acceptable and the optional pilot was an interesting concept. You get a separate back and seat with the pilot having the pilot molded into the other seat, and he came in 3 parts so there is good depth to him. There is the seat bottom and legs, head/torso and arms.

I now have a GB for US, Britain, Japan, Russian and German WWII Fighters. However, during a move of the "museum", the BF 109 suffered a complete landing gear write off. I was much less distressed than I thought I would be because of this fine forum. I have all the pictures, and everyone got to see it. There isn't anything in the current GBs that fit that category, but I'm sure I'll get a replacement in the next cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back