**** FINISHED: P-47D Thunderbolt "Razorback" (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you Master.:oops: Wayne thank you for the canopy sir. This one is just a little hazed. I can't find the correct glue. Everything I have used says Does NOT haze and it does so.

Not yet, I check my E-mails every day. I will need your address. I am going to try and have it shipped straight to you instead of making two trips across this country. As soon as I get the notification it will be ordered and on it's way.:cool:

Try E-6000 its been the only glue thats done the job for me, except its a bit too big and you need major practice handling it(it creates spider webs when riped off of the main tube) but when it sets it sets clear and it doesn't fog the canopy.

Micro Kristal Klear, or normal PVA (which is basically what KK is) is ideal for canopies. Use it to glue the part in place, then a bead run into the joints will seal it, can be painted over, and make it look like part of the airframe, rather than an 'add on', if the aircraft type looks that way. Good thing is, if the part is positioned incorrectly, it can be easily removed and fitted again, even if the 'glue' is set, but when set, it is firm enough to hold.

I'm still partial to white glue, (Elmers), to attatch my canopies; cheap and easy to work with.
Weathering, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.
Second model in 28 years? From the look of it, (great!), I never would have been able to tell!
Every model is a learning experence, I have been at this pretty steady since the late 60's, and I learn new tricks all the time!
Again, Great job!

Try E-6000 its been the only glue thats done the job for me, except its a bit too big and you need major practice handling it(it creates spider webs when riped off of the main tube) but when it sets it sets clear and it doesn't fog the canopy.

Thank you Rogi.:cool:

Micro Kristal Klear, or normal PVA (which is basically what KK is) is ideal for canopies. Use it to glue the part in place, then a bead run into the joints will seal it, can be painted over, and make it look like part of the airframe, rather than an 'add on', if the aircraft type looks that way. Good thing is, if the part is positioned incorrectly, it can be easily removed and fitted again, even if the 'glue' is set, but when set, it is firm enough to hold.

Terry, I forgot all about that, you have mentioned that before I do believe. Thank you sir.:oops:

I'm still partial to white glue, (Elmers), to attatch my canopies; cheap and easy to work with.
Weathering, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.
Second model in 28 years? From the look of it, (great!), I never would have been able to tell!
Every model is a learning experence, I have been at this pretty steady since the late 60's, and I learn new tricks all the time!
Again, Great job!

Thank you Paul, Terry has mentioned this also and I forgot about it. The sad fact is, it was sitting right here and I went and bought the other stuff. :banghead: I get a case of the stupids at time. I now have it written down on my lamp so I DON'T forget.:lol:

Bad habits are the only ones worth enjoying!

I know, crazy ain't it?:crazy: :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back