FIRST HELICOPTER AIR-TO-AIR KILL!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I dont want to act as I would be cool nor am I anti american but this is such a bullshit story, omg, how could anyone believe this load of ****,
this is part of another stupid try to overplay the vietnam trauma in telling how the GIs had to improvise against hordes of VC and NVAs, because Washington shitted its troops. Someone watched too much Chuck Norris Movies. OMG!!!!

It could be that Iraq had the first A-A kill against an Cobra with a Hind, but I have to look for it.
Here's another story of Lima Site 85.

The Fall of Lima Site 85
Now read it and stop being a d!ck.

Hi Eric,

>It used a wooden prop and is one of the few (Maybe only) airplane to actually use a muffler!

To get back on topic, here is a mufflered Antonov An-2 ;)

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

Attachments

• P1210249.jpg
    P1210249.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 78
Question... Doesn't this youpendejo fellow keep popping up with different names, because I think somebody with that Homer Simpson brain scan picture has popped up and got fried like three or four times since I've been around. Resisliant and brash little bugger eh?

Anyways great story!!! Really amazing :)

Question... Doesn't this youpendejo fellow keep popping up with different names, because I think somebody with that Homer Simpson brain scan picture has popped up and got fried like three or four times since I've been around. Resisliant and brash little bugger eh?

Anyways great story!!! Really amazing :)

Actually the Avatar is complements of the mods, lets call it a going away gift.

This turd was doomed from the start - usually I would of allowed him to present his argument then I looked at his name and determined

1. He's an idiot
2. It was very likely his time here would be short

Anyway a great story and VERY TRUE!!!

someone tried to tell me once you can loop some choppers. I dont believe thats true. But any truth to it???

I'm sure there are some others here who know a lot more about helicopter mechanics than I do (DerAdler comes to mind), but I believe the difference between a helicopter that can be looped and one that can't has to do with the rotor system; I believe helicopters with an articulated rotor system, as opposed to a rigid rotor system, can be looped. Others can correct me if I'm wrong.

someone tried to tell me once you can loop some choppers. I dont believe thats true. But any truth to it???

Yeah you can. There are lots of Helos than can do barrel rolls and loops and everything including: AH-64A Apache, UH-60 Blackhawk, Lynx, Bo 105, Mangusta, etc...

I'm sure there are some others here who know a lot more about helicopter mechanics than I do (DerAdler comes to mind), but I believe the difference between a helicopter that can be looped and one that can't has to do with the rotor system; I believe helicopters with an articulated rotor system, as opposed to a rigid rotor system, can be looped. Others can correct me if I'm wrong.

Actually you have it backwards. Helos with a rigid rotor system can perform loops, etc...

Yeah you can. There are lots of Helos than can do barrel rolls and loops and everything including: AH-64A Apache, UH-60 Blackhawk, Lynx, Bo 105, Mangusta, etc...

Actually you have it backwards. Helos with a rigid rotor system can perform loops, etc...

Got it; thanks for the clarification. parsifal, if you want to watch a cool helicopter movie and see one get looped, watch "Blue Thunder", with the late Roy Scheider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back