Fistfight in a high school. One teenager dies.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Maestro

Master Sergeant
Greetings ladies and gentlemen.

Yesterday on the news, I heard of this event. Two 14 years old student of a school at Sept-Iles (637 km North-East of Québec City) had a fistfight in the cantina. One was sent to the hospital after receiving a punch to the side of his head.

Today, we know more about it... And the kid died overnight. Here is what happened :

There is a rule at this school that prohibit wearing a cap inside the building. Seeing that a student was not respecting that rule, the victim slapped the guy's cap. The bloke turned around and stroke the victim with a single punch, sending him to the hospital.

Now, the pussies on the news report are saying : "It is terrible, it is getting more and more violent... It must be because of the TV and the movies... Kids should learn to speak instead of fighting... Blah... Blah... Blah..."

Now just wait a God damned minute !

There always was fights in schools. There was fight back in my grand-father's days, in my father's days and there was fights back in my days (I'm suddently feeling old... :| ). It is in no way the fault of any TV show or movie.

TV shows and movies are reflects of our society (except for several movies in particular, but those movies doesn't really have any impact because everyone knows that it is only a movie). Blaming them is missing the real target : US, THE PEOPLE ! Saying that violence is the fault of the TV/movies is like saying that speaking of the Holocaust will encourage War Crimes. IT IS A NON-SENSE !

Of course, a kid has died. But can we agree it is an accident ? Anyone can get knocked-out by a sucker-punch/lucky-punch. I can, you can, and I'm pretty sure even Les can.

This being said, let the juge decide if the aggressor needs a heavy, a light sentence or nothing at all. And then SHUT THE F*CK UP !

Indeed, boys quarreling in school even predates modern movies and TV. That's what happens when a parent needs a scapegoat for being an irresponsible or bad parent. "It can't be my fault, it must be the [TV, movies, video games, etc]"

Yup its common. My school was up in the top worst ones around a few years back, last year a kid was knocked out by a king hit etc.....

Its not new and its not right but the Quaks get involved and reckon they have the answer lol...yeah right.

Infact in my first year of Secondary College a teacher was sacked because he was encouraging a fight, he later received a payout of 200,000 i really dont know why.

my 2.5 cents

I can nost stand it when they blame it on music. That pisses me off. I say blame it on the parents. The kids obviously have something troubeling them, so where were the parents to help them.

Un-lucky punch. Thrown plenty of punches, vast majority hit nothing. This kid throws one punch and it's a killer. Literally. Just a freak accident. 2" in any direction and it's a non-event.

I agree timshatz. Nothing made into a major news story. Kinda like the kid who gets hit with a line-drive in baseball and it stops his heart. Freak accident that just happen to involve fisticuffs.

ANXBe.png

Last edited:
When I was a kid we had this "one hit can kill" campaign at school. They said that even one hit to the nose can send bone fragments to the brain, thus killing the victim.

Anyways, parents always tell their kids that "they tease you because they are jealous", "don't mind, just ignore them", etc. That is a major load of bs. All bullying happens when a group of children see some other student funny or weak. They're not jealous, oh god no. In their eyes the victim is a complete moran and they want to make him/her feel it.

And from my point of view the only way out from such situation is standing up for yourself, aka kicking ass. I'dont know how girls handle this kind of things, but from a 10-16 year old boys' point of view talking is major faggotry. Pueri sunt pueri :confused:

Same all over the planet. Sooner or later, you've got to stand up for yourself. Better that than being a human punching bag. It also teaches you, when you overstep that line, not to screw with people or you will get your ass kicked ('cause once you win a fight, you invariable get yourself in another fight you shouldn't have and generally end up losing that one-live and learn).

And from my point of view the only way out from such situation is standing up for yourself, aka kicking ass. I'dont know how girls handle this kind of things, but from a 10-16 year old boys' point of view talking is major faggotry. Pueri sunt pueri :confused:

And that only flies for 10-16 year old boys. Wait till you get older and mature.

I used to be the same way.

Dont take me wrong I will allways stand up formyself today and will never let someone beat my ass, but there is nothign wront with talking when you are older. It is the senseble thing to do.

It's the mature way, to talk. Hence the reason it's not the British way ... the British way is sticking keys between your knuckles and windmilling your way into a crowd to kill as many as possible. I, for one, take this as a rule ...

When in doubt of victory ... use a glass ashtray (work freakin' wonders) :lol:

Thats a shame

The truth is, that males are aggressive creatures, and there will be no end to this type of behaviour, unless Hilary Clinton win the presidency, then there will be regularly scheduled Estrogen injections for males

It's the mature way, to talk. Hence the reason it's not the British way ... the British way is sticking keys between your knuckles and windmilling your way into a crowd to kill as many as possible. I, for one, take this as a rule ...

When in doubt of victory ... use a glass ashtray (work freakin' wonders) :lol:

See, that's why the liberals took your guns away, PD. Bad boy.

When I was a kid we had this "one hit can kill" campaign at school. They said that even one hit to the nose can send bone fragments to the brain, thus killing the victim.

I heard about such things. It's only an urban legend, though. No one can gets killed by being punched on the nose. Anyone who followed self-defence lessons knows that.

Anyways, parents always tell their kids that "they tease you because they are jealous", "don't mind, just ignore them", etc. That is a major load of bs. All bullying happens when a group of children see some other student funny or weak. They're not jealous, oh god no. In their eyes the victim is a complete moran and they want to make him/her feel it.

Yeah... I was that kind of student in elementary school. Always getting my ass kicked... I can't blame them, though. When I look at pictures of me back in the day, I would have kicked my own ass. :lol:

I was the kind of jerk who really believed what teachers were saying :

"The best way to deal with an aggressor is to talk to him." -- Okay... Before or after they break my jaw bone ? :-s

"If you get aggressed in school, report it to the closest teacher." -- Right. And the following day they're gonna be two on me instead of only one. Big deal ! :rolleyes:

Anyway... It all stoped in Grade 9 (yeah, I know, I'm rather slow to understand things) when I punched a jerk who was at least 30 pounds heavier than me just for teasing me.

Ahhhhh... The good ol' time... :confused:

But now that I can defend myself, I realize that kids have no respect for authority. As a security officer, I saw plenty of kids telling me to f*ck off. Unfortunately, like I'm 22 and they're under 18, I can't kick them out for that. (However, I could do it with an adult.)

Wish I was in the US... Just try to tell a cop to f*ck off in the US... You're gonna go back home with a baseball bat stuck into your @ss. Here, you tell a cop to go f*ck himself and he's gonna answer : "Sure, buddy. But first I'm gonna give you your speed ticket." :rolleyes:

Okay... May be I'm exagerating a bit...

I like your story Maestro. Wish our cops were allrighteous like you portray and able to avoid the "victims" of society. Our cops are entirely hamstrung. Just watch the TV show of the same name. They get abused verbally and physically were in any other third world country they would have shot and high fived over the dead Ahole's body. Oh well.

If we had guns, it'd be a freakin' bloodbath. All these people who complain about U.S gun laws don't seem to realise that if Britain had the same laws, the British population would be slumping by the day. It'd be like Stalingrad in London and nights out would turn into shoot outs!

It's a culture thing, we're violent people here... there's the ones that start the trouble, and the ones that end it. Chavs start it ... me and my chair, ashtray, chain, pipe or just bare knuckles like to end it. :twisted:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back