Focke Wulf unknown projects (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

hesham

Airman
Oct 11, 2010
Hi,

here is two unknown Focke Wulf transport projects,can anyone ID them ?.

FW-Trans-Ozean_1.jpg

FW-Trans-Ozean_2.jpg

I suggested before,it was Focke Wulf P.197,which came after P.195 transport project,but I am not
sure.

Cheers for the links guys!

Hesham's link seems to indicate these are designs or ideas for a civilian version of the 'Fw 400', if I understand correctly.

I haven't heard of the 'Fw 400' before, but the Ta 400 design (a 6 engined anti shipping bomber, quite different to the designs above) did exist and even progressed to wind tunnel testing. It was abandoned in 1944 in favour of the emergency fighter project (according to 'Bombers of the Luftwaffe' by Joachim Dressel and Manfried Griehl)

Shame there are no pics in Tomo's link, though the 'Projekt B' mentioned possibly refers to the 'Fw 300' of Hesham's.

Focke-Wulf Ta 400:

STA51274.JPG

Hi A4K,

do you mean,those aircraft a projects developed from FW.400 ?.

Last edited:
That's the way I understand it...

My German is very rusty, but this is a rough translation: (maybe someone else can confirm?)

'What if?

Imagine the Fw 400 project had been developed into a long-range aircraft design. One could easily have flown over Siberia to his allies in Tokyo.
In the Super Condor, Berlin - Tokyo with Lufthansa!'

Evan

That ta-400 picture is it just me or do the outermost engines on the wings seem smaller than the others?

Hi,

I ask my friend Richard about those aircraft,but he knows them only as a trans-ocean aircraft,with
no designation,we don't know their P series.

The engines are the same size, the nacelles behind them are not.

Just asking in case you know....I know they sometimes did different interesting things with landing gear (the He 177 for instance) is this for 2 sets of landing gear under each wing to spread the load?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back