Fokker E.V ( Polish) model

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That's a plastic model so you need a glue for polystyrene. There is a bunch of them offered. It may be a Revell, Tamiya, Mr.Hobby etc ... it is good to have one glue being thin and the second one thick. Personally I use the Chematic ( a Polish one ) thick adhesive and the Mr.Hobby Lemon thin one. Both glues have a brush included for easier applying. Also I use the Revell one with the needle that is also useful. These glues aren't of the cyanoacrylate type but are based on plastic thinners. Usually it is enough of time to fit details before drying. However the warning here .. the kind of adhesive melts polystyrene. If spilled the plastic surface is damaged quickly. If you have fingers dirty with the glue your fingerprints may decorate your model just assembled.

kleje.jpg

kleje_.jpg

Thanks!Purchased the Tamiya one and the slower mr cement deluxe.I also have a excellent glue,slow drying that is intended for canopies.

Kit arrived!
Looks good,the 2 wings had me thinking it was the wrong one.According to the destructions one is a smooth finish,the other is meant to replicate the slightly bobbled surface of the plywood.I honestly can't see or feel any difference between them.
Still waiting for adhesive for this and the HoX,so I'll maybe do a bit of parts painting.
Speaking of painting,am I correct in thinking that the areas to receIve the main camo decals(wing,fuselage etc)will need an undercoat?I have a light grey plastic primer.

Attachments

• 142781BE-8AF2-436B-8784-2D1F2C44B949.jpeg
    142781BE-8AF2-436B-8784-2D1F2C44B949.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
The difference between the two wings is the skin. The one covered with the plywood only has the panels engraved. The one with the plywood but with the panel lines almost unvisible is because in a couple of pictures the panels lines aren't too visible what may indicate another way of covering or just finishing.

Regarding the undercoat ( primer ) ... all depends on the colour type you are going to use. For instance the oil enamels like Humbrols don't need a primer. The acrylic paints need a primer usually as the initial layer.
Regarding the decals and a primer ... decal markings get better sticking to a very smooth surface. The kind of it may be achived with a gloss colour or clear gloss varnish. It is done because of an attempt to avoid or limit the effect called silvering. The clear gloss varnish is used when you painted your model with the matt coat(s) or just the surface is rough/grainy. Certainly if you would use the gloss colours the gloss varnish didn't have to be applied because it is an "ingridient" of the gloss paints basicly.
In the particulat case you asked about, the primer is applied to make the all model surfaces of the same colour tone. Unfortuantely the decal markings, especially if large, may be too thin and the background colour(s) may affect the tone of the decals. Therefore it is good to prime the fuselage and wings with one the same colour and then cover the parts with the Lozenge camouflage for instance. Also the priming may reveal all scratches and imperfections of the surface.

Thanks,I can see the difference in the wings now you've pointed it out.
I think I'll first work through each color as I identify the parts on the sprunes.

:thumbright: :thumbleft:

StuartA StuartA

The two wings that come with the kit are because of the options you can choose . Which one may be used you find in the kit instruction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back