For Sale (serious this time!) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's always sad to see this happen in the UK, as very often, the aircraft end up being scrapped, due to lack of buyers. However, with this being a museum in a major landmark, and given they advertise the disposal, I have a feeling that, at those prices, many airframes and 'bits' will find new homes.
That Victor nose section would just about fit into my back yard .......

I agree Terry, it's sad. There is a museum on a USAF base (can't remember which one) here in the states that I read about IIRC in FlyPast or Aeroplane that due to budget cuts is looking to get rid of a bunch of their outdoor display aircraft. They also admitted, like you said, they will likely be scrapped without takers. One of them being the last of only 3 specially modified C-130's (rockets, lot's of rockets) that were to be used in "credible sport", the follow-up Iran hostage rescue attempt after the failed Desert One/Eagle Claw operation. Sad...

At least they are not selling Merlins or Spitfire's..that would be too much old boy...

OH...you want to buy a spitfire??? i can help you out mate....know where there are a few..new in box....some assembly ( and digging required ) will send you the map when you send me the cash....no money orders or cheques. you do have a passport right? also it helps if you speak burmese...

Last edited:
'OH...you want to buy a spitfire??? i can help you out mate....know where there are a few..new in box....some assembly ( and digging required ) will send you the map when you send me the cash....no money orders or cheques. you do have a passport right? also it helps if you speak burmese...'

Thanks for the 'tip' BS hahaha.
I had considered buying a Spitfire one bit at a time on ebay and other sales sites...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back