For the Muso's here.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Have to ask... who was the cheesy pop group?

I went through a few guitars before settling on my Tele...

The Les Paul, when I was going to be the next Jimmy Page...

The big hollow bodied Epiphone Emperor, when I was going to be the next Joe Pass...

The Fender Jazz Bass, when I was going to be the next Marcus Miller...

The Fender Strat in olympic white, when I was going to be the next Jimi Hendrix...

And finally the Telecaster, as I'm going to be the next Jeff Buckley. Without the being dead part, obviously.

tele2.jpg
Hey man, nice tele :thumbright:

I also have got one:
65252.jpg

Have to ask... who was the cheesy pop group?

*Cough* Chicory Tip.

Guitars played through the Plexi on a regular basis...

Gibson Les Paul '57 Reissue Gold Top.

1962 Fender Stratocaster.

One of the advantages of not being married is you can spend your money on anything you want... :lol:

With regards to the Les Paul, Strat and Plexi...I suppose it was the realisation I was in this for "the long haul." I'd done the usual thing that guitar players do, "horse trading" equipment, buying and selling everything under the sun, you name it, at one point I had one! That "if only I had this I'd be great!" type thing.

It took me a few years but finally I realised it was all about you, the guitar and the amp. Not rack mounts, the latest "talent box", super-duper strings and picks made out of titanium from Mars. So I made an investment in gear that would last me until the end.

That said, the guitar I use the most is a Jackson Soloist. Very versatile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back