For the Muso's here.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Heinz

Captain
Feb 6, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
Hey guys got this baby today. I am stoked beyond words. One of the most brutal amps out there for hard rock/metal but also extremely bluesy and even jazzy :shock:

Man i've lusted over one of these for at least 4 years, finally found one at a good price. Played it once however really need the house to myself to use it properly.

Cheers.

Attachments

• mesa1.jpg
    mesa1.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 84
  • mesa2.jpg
    mesa2.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 75
  • mesa3.jpg
    mesa3.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 83
  • mesa4.jpg
    mesa4.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 91
Cheers guys.

Shall do man, already ripped out Blackened and Master of Puppets on it. Its a quality amp hand built in California,you really can't beat Mesa.

Thanks Marcel. Most definately! I'm in the early stages of forming a band with a friend of mine. He's just finishing his mechatronics engineering degree so its good timing :lol:

I just noticed what looks to be a little girl's shoe under your coffee table...

Please, PLEASE tell me that you didn't blow its innocent little wearer right out of it with your very first riff!:shock:

JL

Cheers guys!

Maximowitz I like the sound of that Plexi! :D You're right it did cost a bit but no more then an Marshall combo equivalent brand new. I did really well in fact. Its the Tremoverb with a Blues channel so its great for metal but can be used easily in other genres too, rare for a Mesa.

Butters :lol: They are Dutch Clogs so no small children were hurt in the usage of this beast, it may knocked the Earth off its axis though.

CK I run an S series Ibanez and Epiphone 58 reissue explorer. I'm hoping to eventually get a pot bellied styled Les Paul or PRS. Again losta marniez.

Cheers.

Nice! My pairing is a Peavey Classic 30w valve amp (lovely tweed cover) with my pride'n'joy telecaster. Makes more than enough noise for my purposes.

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

tele2.jpg

I used to have am Epiphone Les Paul "Elitist", one of the Japanese-made-US-components ones, very nice but an instrument for a man in a band I felt, not a back-room noodler like me. Plus it was hellish heavy and made my shoulder sore!

Oh CK those 30s are the stuff man :D

Love your Tele I;d like to get one myself one day. I do enjoy a nice bit of bluesy noodling from time to time, nothing like over abusing the pentatonic scale :lol:

Those Elitists are a nice guitar from what I've seen, I bet with all that weight it had killer sustain and tone!

Well with the Mesa I'm kind of the reverse I've been resisting buying some middle of the road amp and its been hard I gotta tell ya but now I've got it I'm raring to get some gigging action happening.

Cheers.

Heinz, thanks for your interest in the Plexi. I bought it about 25 years ago from a member of a rather cheesy British pop group..it's all original and comes complete with transformer sag! Over the years it has cost me a small fortune in valves (tubes) as I make sure they are all vintage stock...very difficult to track down.

Suffice to say not being a master volume amp it has only two settings: Off and LOUD. I use a hotplate power attenuator between it and the 4 X 12 so I can run it at full power without knocking the walls down. As a gigging amp it really is of little use (unless you are playing Deep Purple, Jimi Hendrix or Led Zeppelin all night) so for that I use a little 50w Engl combo.

However, if anything sounds better than a Les Paul or Strat through a Plexi at full bore I have yet to hear it.

Sorry neighbours! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back