Foto Fest 2018 Mk. I

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

IMG_0415.JPG
IMG_0434.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

Good shots Jeff - love that first one of the 'Belle'. Is that the genuine Memphis Belle ?
Looks like an early F, but there are or have been so many current B-17s carrying the nose art, I lose track !

Good shots Jeff - love that first one of the 'Belle'. Is that the genuine Memphis Belle ?
Looks like an early F, but there are or have been so many current B-17s carrying the nose art, I lose track !
Nope, she is a G model made up to look like an F for the movie a few years back. As far as I know she is still owned by AMARC, the late Dave Tallichets outfit.
She is currently based out of Geneseo New York. The nose art had to be listed as " The Movie Memphis Belle " as the USAF was making a huge stink a few years back.
The real Memphis Belle is just about done in restoration and IIRC will be out back on display later this year.

Cheers,

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. I know which one it is now. At least two of the B-17s in the movie carried the nose art, along with other nose art, at different times. the Duxford-based 'Sally B' being one of them, which still carries the same colours.
Time flies - it was 1990 when that movie was released !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back