Foto Fest 2018 Mk.II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

4K5A8392.JPG
4K5A8489.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

It would be great if Weeks ever got around to making that Mosquito flyable again. A point of trivia: it's just 12 serial numbers away from our RS700 that we are restoring.

It would be great if Weeks ever got around to making that Mosquito flyable again. A point of trivia: it's just 12 serial numbers away from our RS700 that we are restoring.
I agree Andy. Seems such a shame that she went to Oshkosh as a flyer and has sat ever since. Superficially she looks not to bad but I am told there is a lot of delamination that has occurred in addition to all the other things that 20 years of sitting around does to an aircraft and its systems. I did see her fly back in 1988 IIRC when Weeks brought her to Hamilton for the CWH show. She flew in formation with the then relatively newly restored Lancaster and the CAF Mk. 9 Spitfire as well as the CWH Hurricane, the last two being destroyed in the hanger fire at the CWH back in 93 or94.

Plenty of skin delamination in ours but that's mostly because it was stored outside for a year with exposed openings allowing water to get in. I would think his is in much better shape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back