French P-40F and L from Lafayette Squadron

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

colossusfr

Recruit
Sep 21, 2008
Hi everybody,

I'm French and I'm webmaster of this website : Maquettes au 72eme
A big part of this website is about the French Lafayette Squadron. It is one of the oldest squadron in French Air Force and the one which has the strongest link between US and France since 1917.

During 1942-1944, this Squadron had flown with P-40F and P-40L plane.
I have done few articles about this specific period. You can find topics about history, planes, models and decals.
There are also some models. Everything about the Curtiss P-40 Lafayette can found here

I'm very sorry because all is written in French. But you can find many photos. And some of you may have some news to add to these topics. I could be a pleasure for me.

Hope you enjoy.
Alain.

Excuse my ignorance of Free French squadrons after the Battle of France, but what aircraft did they mainly operate. I know of the P40 and P39 types being operated as well as French Potez 63 but what others? Did they operate the Liore-et-Olivier LeO 451 or the Dewoitine D.520? (some of my favourite French planes)

Hi everybody,

I'm French and I'm webmaster of this website : Maquettes au 72eme
A big part of this website is about the French Lafayette Squadron. It is one of the oldest squadron in French Air Force and the one which has the strongest link between US and France since 1917.

During 1942-1944, this Squadron had flown with P-40F and P-40L plane.
I have done few articles about this specific period. You can find topics about history, planes, models and decals.
There are also some models. Everything about the Curtiss P-40 Lafayette can found here

I'm very sorry because all is written in French. But you can find many photos. And some of you may have some news to add to these topics. I could be a pleasure for me.

Hope you enjoy.
Alain.

hi my name is maurice and i just joined this forum today.yesterday, i looked at the latest issue of avaiation history magazine and saw an article of the french lafayette squadron under vichy control vs u.s. navy wildcats during the north africa campaign. any rate looked up more info on the lafayette squadron and saw your website plus forum thread and checked it out. just wanted to say i like your website. the fact that's in french only didn't stop me. it's pretty easy to figure out. love the gallery pics !!!!! keep it up !!!!! please write me back if you wish. will add more to my profile later. still working on it

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back