Future 1/32nd scale Releases.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
Just been trolling through some of the UK on-line model outlets, and spotted a very interesting future release from Pacific Coast Models, plus confirmation of some forthcoming Hobbycraft 1/32nd scale kits.
The PCM kit is the Hawker Hurricane Mk1, which is described as the fabric wing version, with a note reading "..at last, an accurate Mk1 in this scale", or something similar,with an estimated retail price of around £39. The small image of the box art shows the three bladed propellor, with what appears to be the de Havilland spinner, so a bit of scribing etc should produce a BoB era variant quite easily - unless, of course, they have one of those in the pipeline too. That one's now on my 'Must Get' list!
Also, it appears that Hobbycraft are bringing out three 1/32nd scale Spitfires , and a T6/Harvard.
The Spits are the MkVII, MkVIII and MkIX, and although the retail prices aren't yet published, I'd guess they'd be in the £35 to £50 bracket, judging by other kits of theirs in this scale. No idea whether these are 'new', or re-boxings of the PCM kit, but they could be a reasonable cheaper alternative to the superb Tamiya kit.

Correction to the above post!
The suggested retail price for the PCM Hurricane is £55.49, and Relish models will have it at £47.
Also, the Hobbycraft T6 will be in two kit versions, the SNJ/Harvard, and the AT6/Texan, and they are also introducing three 1/32nd scale Bf109's, in 109B, 109C and 109D versions.

Hmm - 1/32nd scale Hurricane, Bf109, Ju88, Bf110 and...He111?? Just need a new Spit Mk1, Ju87B and a Do17 to complete the line - up of major types.

It's your bl**dy fault! All these bright ideas for Group Builds, Squadron Builds, What if builds and all sorts of other builds! You set me off didn't you? Now I can't stop, you...you... you fiend you! Anyway, I'm off, got to finish some decals for someone don't you know!

Texans and harvards yum but buy hobbycraft oh those panel lines ?

Mr Lawerence chimed in over at LSP with this...............

Here is the latest info on our new Hurricane. The airfreight forwarder is supposed to pick up the plastic, resin and assembly instructions tomorrow. Depending on the freight volume and Customs, we may get them next Wednesday. Eduard is supposed to finish the PE tomorrow. It will probably arrive the week after next. All of the other items are already in our warehouse. So hopefully we may be able to begin shipping the week of Dec 28th. Thanks and

Best Regards,

Ken
PCM, Inc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back