FW 190-D9 - Me/ Fw Group Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

javlin

2nd Lieutenant
Nov 20, 2007
MS
User Name:Javlin
Name:Kevin
Category:Intermediate
Model:FW 190-D9
Scale:1/48
Manufacturer:Tamiya
Add Ons:maybe

I have another to add to the GB tamy nicely done FW 190-D9 and have I been bitten by the D9 and 152 bug?Oh Yeah!!I never really noticed how nice the lines on the fuse changed with the advent of the inline liquid colled engines.The bonus is there are some really neat and interesting paint schemes.Now bringing up schemes I really have not decided on which one to do yet?Already looking at JG301 pictured on the box as a possibility but there are so many and is subject to change if that's OK.I am thinking of using alittle AM parts but have a question I have an A-8 tub and IP while the IP looks close how far off is the tub/side panels?I think I am coming down with Wayne/Syndrome I now have 6 kits going :dontknow: While something is drying here I am gluing and painting over here.

D9001.jpg

D9002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Tamiya tub is pretty good Kevin. Not sure why you'd use an after market A-8 one. IMO, the best AM fix you can do for this kit is to get yourself a resin wheel well upgrade with rear engine components since the D-9 had this area open and completely visible. The Tamiya wells used the A model details with covered wells. You're right that there's a wealth of interesting schemes out there, especially if you go for late war bird that had a mix of parts.

Oh it's not bad Andy just that the features seem soft and not that crisp.The IP could probably use the most help but then again what can one see on a 190?I was wondering about those WW's Andy it seemed one could see the engine quite easily from that area.

I agree with Andy - use the kit's cockpit, as not much can be seen once the fuselage is joined, and the detail can be enhanced easily of needed.

Now come on guys, I know it's got a girl's name but it's just a plane...........not a Bondi Sheila. :lol: :p :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back