fw 190 found (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The photographs above are taken in the workshop where my brother has spent the last 10 or 12 years restoring this very plane! It's just been finished and has been dismantled ready to be shipped to it's new owner. I was honoured enough to sit in it back in the early days of it's restoration. I'm making plans to go travel to the US to see it's first flight.

The photographs above are taken in the workshop where my brother has spent the last 10 or 12 years restoring this very plane! It's just been finished and has been dismantled ready to be shipped to it's new owner. I was honoured enough to sit in it back in the early days of it's restoration. I'm making plans to go travel to the US to see it's first flight.

Hi Jarmour,

Any idea where in the US that the Fw-190 will be taking its first flight.

Thanks Micdrow :lol:

Well they had white wall tyres - here is a tail wheel of a Bf 109 after 60 year burried - note the good condition even of the color

Attachments

• 27 tail wheel 2.jpg
    27 tail wheel 2.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 215
Hi Jarmour,

Any idea where in the US that the Fw-190 will be taking its first flight.

Thanks Micdrow :lol:

Hi Micdrow

The details are not clear at the moment but I think maybe Arizona. (or somewhere else beginning with A!) Sadly my brother is no longer with us after a very recent accident, so I'm waiting to hear from his old colleagues when and where the plane's going. As soon as I have definite details I will update this thread. I really would love to see it fly though, fingers crossed.

Hi again. Just a quick update. The plane belongs to Paul Allen, co founder of Microsoft. So I would imagine it will be going to one of his museums.

How exciting must it be to stumble across something like, for an enthusiast like one of us, it must be incredibly exciting.
The 190 would be in my top three WW2 era machines for sure, great to see it almost back in the air too.

You say give it to the person that is restoring White 1, that would be Dave Goss at Gosshawk Unlimited in Arizona. I would agree with that idea, I worked there 2002-2008 doing amongst other things Fw-190 D13, Yellow 10, and did some stuff for White 1 when it was owned by Mark Timken in FL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back