Fw-190/Ta- 152 questions... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
Hi all.

I was on a long car ride today going to Gettysburg and I read a lot. I have some specific questions on the Fw-190.

What was the point of the V-1 Ducted Spinner?

Why did the BMW 801 engine replace the 139?

Why did the 190 have such a wide-track undercarriage?

What adjustments were made to the 190 A-5/U14? Because I see some things like the tail wheel being higher, anything besides that?

Did the Ta-152's naming have anything to do with Kurt Tank?

I have more... but I think these are my most wanted to ask questions. :D

Many thanks

What was the point of the V-1 Ducted Spinner? Aerodynamics

Why did the 190 have such a wide-track undercarriage?Experience/feedback from the many gorund accidents suffered by 109's due to the narrow undercarriage

The A-5/U14 was a test (versuch) project only.
She was an Fw 190A-5 modified to carry an LTF5b Torpedo on adapted ETC501 fueslage rack, with enlarged fin and extended tail wheel leg for ground clearance of the torp.

No worries mate!
Haven't been able to find info to confirm or deny, but I would guess a new arming panel for the torpedo would have to have been added below the instrument panel too, as was the case with the F-8.

I'm having a blast!! Tons of pics for when I get back. There is an area, a quarter of the size of a football field where 1500 men died.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back