FW 190

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi,
As promised a couple of shots of the inboard and outbourd gunbay and of the BMW 801 as it is at this moment. As one can see the wing(sadly) was stripped from its guns and other internal equipment during the war and before it was buried.
If more pictures are wanted please let me know I have taken a few more.

Cheers,
Sander

Attachments

• Aft to Front(left side).JPG
    Aft to Front(left side).JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 110
  • Aft to Front(left-right diagonal).JPG
    Aft to Front(left-right diagonal).JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 124
  • Aft to front.JPG
    Aft to front.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 119
  • Front to Aft(right-left diagonal).JPG
    Front to Aft(right-left diagonal).JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 109
  • Front to Aft.JPG
    Front to Aft.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 131
  • Fw 190_inboard_2.JPG
    Fw 190_inboard_2.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 130
  • Fw 190_inboard_1.JPG
    Fw 190_inboard_1.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 131
  • Fw 190_FA_BMW 801.JPG
    Fw 190_FA_BMW 801.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Hey Sander,
awesome images. The condition of this wreck is good after the long time. Maybe you can find a number on the engine and so you can clarify the identity; but for my opinion your wreck is the airplane of Uffz, Fritz Altendorf, 13./JG 54, flying a Fw 190 A-8 WKNr. 732095,listed as KIA, between Nimwegen and Arnhem, PlanQuadrat 52 25 ).

And if you have more photos please share them with us.

If you find remains, should i contact the German Red Cross, Department for missing soldiers of WW 2 or the Wehrmachtsauskunftstselle in Berlin ?

greets

Thomas

Hey Sander,
awesome images. The condition of this wreck is good after the long time. Maybe you can find a number on the engine and so you can clarify the identity; but for my opinion your wreck is the airplane of Uffz, Fritz Altendorf, 13./JG 54, flying a Fw 190 A-8 WKNr. 732095,listed as KIA, between Nimwegen and Arnhem, PlanQuadrat 52 25 ).

And if you have more photos please share them with us.

If you find remains, should i contact the German Red Cross, Department for missing soldiers of WW 2 or the Wehrmachtsauskunftstselle in Berlin ?

greets

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your offer but that won't be necesarry. We do co-operate with the Dutch recovery and identification team of the royal Dutch army. So if we find clues regarding the were abouts of the pilot we will contact them and they will carry out the recovery of the remains. And we do have contact with that department aswell.
But thanks again.

Cheers,
Sander

Included photo's of the wingpanel of the outboard gunbay. Found some 300 meters from the location were the wing was found.

Regards,
Sander

Attachments

• outboard gunbay panel inside.jpg
    outboard gunbay panel inside.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 124
  • outboard gunbay panel.jpg
    outboard gunbay panel.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 131
  • FW 190_FA_BMW 801_rear.jpg
    FW 190_FA_BMW 801_rear.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 112