Fw 190A-8 painting (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

TAG

Recruit
Feb 8, 2019
Hey fellas, long-time lurker, first-time poster here, I'm about to build Eduard's new tool Fw 190A-8 and the scheme from the kit decals that really caught my eye is the one on the box cover, Gelb 4 from 6./JG 300 Wk. Nmr. 171180. The Eduard instructions claim this bird was found abandoned in München-Neubiberg airport after a taxiing accident in late April, 1945. Thing is, I've scoured thru all my stuff, pretty much exhausted my Google-Fu and I've yet to find a single period photo of this particular Wurger... I'm going to use the standard 74/75/76 camo as a base, but wanted to make my model look as close as possible to the real plane, by which I mean mottling, general wear and tear, chipping, staining, repair patches or overpaints, maybe Gelb 4 had some of that Sky lookalike aka "RLM 84" (yes, I know there's no such thing as RLM 84) sprayed on the fuselage sides like a bunch of other JG 300 A-8's I've seen in pics?

Basically I really wanted to have something, anything really, as a reference pic, at this point I'll settle for a blurry thumbnail-sized pic of Gelb 4 in the distant background if anyone's got it, but so far I've proven unworthy in my quest. So I'm reaching out and seeing if anyone here can help me out before I get cracking on this kit. Here's what the instructions call for, any and all help is much appreciated, cheers!
Thomaz
Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 2.06.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 2.07.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 2.07.22 PM.png

Welcome aboard. A photo exists in "Jagdgeschwader 300 Wilde Sau: A Chronical of a Fighter Geschwader in the Battle for Germany" Vol II by Lorant and Goyat. PM sent.

Welcome aboard. A photo exists in "Jagdgeschwader 300 Wilde Sau: A Chronical of a Fighter Geschwader in the Battle for Germany" Vol II by Lorant and Goyat. PM sent.

Hello there,

I am in the same situation of the opener.
Can you PM me too?

Thanks in advance,
Kind regards

I added you as am invitee in the original PM. Not sure if it works that way so let me know if you don't see it.

The Profiles are accurate, a standard and straight forward 74/75/76 camo with a previous tactical number painted over and replaced with yellow 4.

One of the 50 aircraft in the 171151 -171200 block built between Jun-Aug 44 at Cottbus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back