G.I.s Massacre Of Waffen SS At Dachau... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

True. In some ways War and Strife is more oriented to violence than they were a couple centuries ago, though war has never been that mild. During the Protestant Reformation there was blood everywhere in Europe. And General Sherman sure destroyed cities.

It's ok to blame some of modern war on Napoleon. He developed the idea of annihilating armies instead of simply doing the kind thing of outmanuvering them. His ideas helped paved the way for modern war, except even he was outdated by the Civil War. Who thought up WWI trench charging? :|

Yeah man. WWI. The war to end all wars. We should start a thread.

What war would you least like to fight in and why?

Bet we'd get some interesting answers. I'd vote for WWI in a heartbeat.

The only way I could have remorse for those Germans troops is if some of them were normal troops transfered in to replace SS troops. Then I could sympathize with the unjustly accussed and punished ones. However, were it not for Geneva, I probably would have given the SS troops one of two choices, be shot now, or get a free run through of what they were doing to the prisoners. Yes, it sounds cruel and it doesn't go with the idea of trying to show a better side of humanity, but if you're the sadistic person carrying out or ordering these kind of things, maybe when we capture you, we should test them out on you...

What war would you least like to fight in and why?

I guess WWI. Too much lost and not much gained in the end.

I might change my mind If was allowed to fly a Sopwith Camel or something else exciting! :lol:

I suppose fighting the 100 years war would have been pretty long and tiring. (Even if I couldn't survive all of it.) Maybe I would just check in before the battle of Agincourt and see whether Henry V was really giving that great a speech or not.

I suppose the war I least want to fight, and the one I would most likely be forced to fight if it came, is some huge, violent war in the future, similar to WWII. Most likely sparked by something in the Middle East. Unless China rises up on it's Red Dragon haunches. But to live and die for ones country is not a bad thing I suppose.

I just hope the U.S. would still be a country after such a war, even if I'm not able to come back and see it.

id had to fight in any war...luckily thought ireland has
never really been in any war so ive never had to see the
true horrors of war, only what ive read in books and seen
on tape. but if i had to choose...on an actual fighting side
it would have been ww2 hands down!

Brave post. Though Ireland was trying to stay neutral during WWII, many Irish soldiers joined the British Army in fighting the Nazis and were there alongside them during some of the biggest battles.

Natural justice in my opinion .Big boy's game's big boy's rule's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back