Galveston Gal Down (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi Meatloaf,

There are ample airframe in non-flying museums today. Most of the Bf 109's are in Europe. I just don't want to make rules that retire perfectly flyable airframes against the owner's will.

No offense intended.

The flying Mustang community is large enough to support a parts industry that will support the manufacture of new replacement parts as needed. For this reason, I think there will be P-51s flying long after everyone alive now isn't anymore.

Inevitably the cost of insurance will kill the cost of flying progressively rarer warbirds, plus the rarer ones have less resources to keep them in the air in the first place.

Given its value is assume the a/c will be recovered. What amazes me is how aircraft that were last seen by their pilot as they jumped into thin air are restored. I assume at least they can find the build plate?

Inevitably the cost of insurance will kill the cost of flying progressively rarer warbirds, plus the rarer ones have less resources to keep them in the air in the first place.

Given its value is assume the a/c will be recovered. What amazes me is how aircraft that were last seen by their pilot as they jumped into thin air are restored. I assume at least they can find the build plate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back