GB 13 - Your Favourite Aircaft of All Time - 3 days left! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Any chance of a short extension through this upcoming weekend? I should be able to finish the F-94 by the deadline, but I'll need a little extra time for the P-47.

Dunno Glenn. In fairness to others who've finished on time, we've been trying to tighten up on the extensions as stated in another thread. Let's see if anyone esle chimes in.

Not so sure myself Glenn, in all fairness to the others particularly those who have or are pushing to get finished on time, I think we should put the vote open to them. Should you get agreement then I think Sunday, 3 June would be a good cut off point.

I'm only asking until Sunday. Trying to do a push to finish a model on a weekday when you have to work doesn't really work out too well. Like I said before when we were discussing extensions, I think the ending dates of all the GBs should be changed to the Sunday following the end of the month so time can be put in at the end to finish up a project. With a job, wife, and kids that need help with homework, cramming the last day is not an option during the week.

This isn't a hill I'm going to die on. I'm OK with an extension to Sunday if others can benefit as well but, really, planning another 3 days to get to a weekend when there's 4 months of time before that shouldn't be necessary.

I have no problem with the powers that be granting an extension until this coming Sunday. I hate to see anyone get shut out because of unfortunate circumstances (like honey-do's). Just my 2 pence worth.

Charles

Just reading a comment by Terry in another thread Glenn, he has expressed no problem with an extension to Sunday so it looks like it could well be a goer. I'll check other comments come morning Aussie eastern time and post the outcome.

I agree that a full four months (including research and planning) should really be adequate for a Group Build. However, I also think it makes sense to have all GBs finishing at the end of a weekend, rather than mid-week - two or three extra days shouldn't cause any major hassles - and of course most people have more free time on a weekend, when those last minute niggles can be corrected, or major disasters rectified.
BUT - given that all concerned agree (to have GBs finish on the weekend following the end of the relevant month, if the month ends on a weekday), then I feel that, as has been discussed, that should be the only extension, otherwise we'll get back to the situation we've seen in the past, with GBs dragging on for an extra week, then another, and so on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back